BPL Community Profile

Nancy Twilley (goodcaver2) - BPL Guest

My Locale STL
About Me Hello! I love to do pretty much everything you can do outdoors, especially cave. I grew up in Tennessee, live temporarily in St. Louis for school, and hope to move out West when I am finished in 2011. Thanks for reading!
CitySaint Louis
StateMissouri
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nancy Twilley

Showing 141 - 150 of 153 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

down vest
I'll take the down vest, sending you a pm

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Dragonfly, Marmot Precip, Etc.....
October 04, 4:45pm

bump
Please? Pretty please? Otherwise I am just going to assume that something like the Wild Oasis just has double reinforcement patches at the apex to keep the pole from puncturing the fabric. Hope ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Show me some peak reinforcements!
October 04, 1:23pm

downs and synthetics
Well, the problem with weight and compressibility is going to keep being a problem... because there's no synthetic insulation which matches down in those areas. I used classic pertex for the...

In Make Your Own Gear » From down to synthetic quilt
October 03, 8:47am

roadster
pm sent on roadster

In Gear Swap » Terra Nova, REI, Exped, Osprey, Kahtoola.....more
September 30, 5:33pm

Show me some peak reinforcements!
Hi everybody: I'm planning on making a shaped tarp like the Wild Oasis / Gatewood Cape, but with an optional bug insert net tent instead of the perimeter netting. It will only function as a s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Show me some peak reinforcements!
September 25, 12:22pm

WTB: 8x10 tarp, down vest
Looking for an inexpensive 8x10 tarp so my partner and I can try out tarp camping. I figure I can make one of sil 2nds for around 60 or 70 bucks... anyone have a tarp they'll sell cheaper than...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 8x10 tarp, down vest
September 16, 6:27pm

pm sent
with questions on icebreaker top, railriders top, and gg pad

In Gear Swap » Entire packing list for sale.
September 13, 11:26am

catenary ridgeline
doesn't make sense with this material. Won't last you more than a few nights out anyhow. Why spend the time on it? If your mattress is touching the sides of your tarp, it will get wet....

In Make Your Own Gear » ultracheap - painters tarp tarp and guyline tensione idea!
September 02, 8:30am

pot
PM sent on pot.

In Gear Swap » FS: a few odds and ends, pack components
August 26, 10:55am

thanks!
Ryan, thanks for your response. Is the trekking pole in some sort of harness as in the gatewood cape, or does it directly contact the fabric? I am sure I will have more questions for you once...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Gatewood Cape - Finished
August 25, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by Nancy Twilley

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering Tamarack
No reviews on the Tamarack yet so I'm giving my first impressions. After I use it a few times I intend to come back and add further thoughts on performance. Since it's a Western Mountaineeri...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 17, 4:22pm