Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Matthews (gmatthews) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale George Matthews hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me George Matthews has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Matthews

Showing 141 - 150 of 1731 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...174

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Wood-Burning Camp Stoves - State of the Market Report 2011
Thanks Chris That's quite a field test you took on - good work. Was glad to see the Bushbuddy still hanging in there.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Wood-Burning Camp Stoves - State of the Market Report 2011
June 21, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Re : The Carbon Flame War
Listened to it this morning... http://www.npr.org/2011/06/21/137309964/climate-change-public-skeptical-scientists-sure the survey is here http://people-press.org/2011/05/04/section-8-domesti...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 21, 5:50pm

Re: Re: re: Why I backpack - Them!
shoot the antennae, shoot the antennae

In Chaff » Why I backpack
June 16, 11:13am

Re: Tioga Pass Hwy 120
: ) Soon be time for me to head west

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tioga Pass Hwy 120
June 15, 7:07pm

Re: Re: Amtrak / YARTS *and* bonus Tioga Pass info
Thanks for the info. We will definitely do this The amtrak $45 looks like it include (7am) bus to emeryville and then train to merced then bus to valley (1:20p) mmmmm pre-hike hamburger : ) ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Fran to Yosemite public trans
June 15, 7:01pm

San Fran to Yosemite public trans
What are the options for getting from San Fran to Yosemite without a car? I've seen the amtrak train/bus for $35

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Fran to Yosemite public trans
June 15, 12:03pm

Re: Stop Press: AAS finally announces big solar slowdown
Good info and links. That's why we need to consider all the possibilities. The locked in concensus throughout history tends to miss. Don't see why we are not witnessing a repeat before our ...

June 14, 8:28pm

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
How to solve the problem that a neither a liberal nor a libertarian will argue with... Just start off everybody with $10 million and then tell them they are own their own. Bill Gates interv...

June 14, 1:54pm

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War - US versus China Cars
Interesting... http://earlywarn.blogspot.com/2011/06/chinese-vs-us-vehicle-fleets.html the relative size of the US Interstate and Chinese Expressway systems are now of roughly equal size. C...

June 14, 1:37pm

Google $280 million in SolarCity
http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/14/google-solarcity-residential-panels/ Search giant Google is investing $280 million in SolarCity, a company that leases out solar panels to home owners, bringing...

June 14, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by George Matthews

Showing 1 - 10 of 52 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Thorofare Trekking Pant
Backpacking Light Thorofare Trekking Pant Size L (my scale 4.1 oz) I'm 5'11" and 185 lb Very comfortable fit for me. Snaps on pant bottom (two settings gives flexibility) The p...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
December 30, 4:28pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
I use trailrunners (Inov8 Terrocs) and bought the Rocky GTX socks for cold, really messy weather. I gave them a few good tests this fall. I wore them over Smartwool socks (medium thickness). Fortun...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 30, 3:46pm

White Box Alcohol Stove
Got one in July for when I want to use alcohol stove for 2 - 3 hikers. Bought the combo from BPL Shop. T...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 28, 12:21pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Really nice system. All you need is the Mug. I usually boil 1.5 cups of water using about 3/4 oz (12 drams) or a bit less of denatured alcohol depending on the water's coldness. A secondary ben...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 21, 1:14pm

Mountain Laurel Designs MLD 2Thirds XP Quilt
Per MLD: Shell Fabric: Momentum Mini Ripstop (Aegean Blue) Lining Fabric: Momentum Taffeta (Black) Insulation: ClimaShield XP 2.5oz/sq/yd 8.9 oz ClimaShield XP 2.5oz/sq/yd Top Width 43”, ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 4:36pm

Frogg Toggs Rain Suit
I know these have been around for a while, but I was itching to get something with the Print-Issue-RIP coupon. I tried them during a good rain on a cool day. They are comfy and kept me dry. Howe...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 20, 4:05pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
The pants are light and comfortable. I like to wear them under running shorts. I plan to integrate them into my clothing system for cool through cold weather. They were also nice under Precip pants...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
December 20, 3:59pm

FireLite Trapper's Mug
FireLite 475ml Titanium Trapper's Mug Trapper's Mug Absolute simplicity! ...

In Cookware - Titanium
December 20, 2:50pm

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
The Backpacking Light Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody The need for a single, functional, highly versatile garment that minimized layering changes during the Arctic 1000 expedition inspired Ryan Jordan ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
December 06, 1:52pm

Liqumins Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak OrangeBlast
I picked up a box of Liqumins Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak (Orange Blast) at Vitamin Shoppe. The product claims: "feel the difference or your money back". I thought, why not try it. Typi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
June 11, 6:14am