BPL Community Profile

Aaron Zuniga (gliden2) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northwest
About Me Ultralite backcountry enthusiast and traveler! I enjoy big mile days on the trail, MLD gear, and keeping things simple and minimal while pushing the limits. After a failed attempt on the TRT(Tahoe rim trail) last summer, I plan on going back again this year for redemtion and completing it in under 5 days.
CityBend
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListTRT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 141 - 150 of 222 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

RE:TRT Temps
Hey Tony, I will be starting the TRT right behind you guys on the 5th, beginning at the Kinsbury South Trailhead going clockwise. Average temps for July in Lake Tahoe are 79 for the high and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » snow in Desolation?
June 09, 9:48am

RE:TRT Gear List 09
I will be adding a JRB NO Sniveller to my TRT Gear List. I agree with Nick and don't feel the BPL UL 60 Quilt+Montbell Ul Down Inner Jacket will be enogh boost for the temps that i will most li...

In Gear Lists » TRT Gear List 09
June 08, 9:03pm

FS:REI Ultralite Rain Pants
Sold

In Gear Swap » FS:REI Ultralite Rain Pants
June 08, 7:08pm

FS:REI Ultralite Rain Pants
Waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer REI Elements®/nylon with microporous polyurethane coating is seam-sealed for complete protection Drawcord waistband supplies a custom fit Front pockets feature l...

In Gear Swap » FS:REI Ultralite Rain Pants
June 08, 5:13pm

FS: Marmot Atom
Hey Daniel, It's a size regular and is a left zip. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Aaron

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Atom
June 08, 1:18pm

The price of the Marmot Atom has been dropped to $155 shipped. BUMP:)

June 08, 10:29am

RE:TRT Gear List
Thanks again for all the input:) Dave-I found a MLD Sil Poncho Pro in the gear swap. I couldn't be more excited! Now i can add a wind jacket and drop the Mica. I'll also add a polycryo g...

June 03, 8:02pm

RE:TRT 09
Robert- Yeah your right i should pick up one of those. I always travel with compass and map but the TRT is pretty straight forward, well marked, and i have a great map:)Who makes the spherical com...

June 03, 8:56am

Like New Used less than 10 x 21 oz Size Regular Left Zip Stored uncompressed+hung in closet The only reason im selling it is to purchase other gear+ I converted to using a quilt. $155 shippe...

June 02, 4:21pm

Re:MLD Sil Poncho
IS it still available? I'll take it if it is:) Thanks aaron

In Gear Swap » For Sale: MLD Sil Poncho Pro, Meteor Bivy,
June 02, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
-This Review is based purely on service since i haven't recieved my quilt yet... I will add a a more extensive review once i have had some time with it in the field. The guys at Jack's R Be...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 11:24am

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
This thing really shines in soo many ways. It's slim fit keeps the core warm nicely preventing convective heat loss- great for boosting temps in your sleep system, and wearing during breaks-or col...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 25, 3:44pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These are a great feelin, lightweight base layer. I have used them under wind and insulated pants with great success, and they never get stinky! The only downside is they run and tear a little too eas...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 2:28am

Oware Dixon Double Bivy
This review is on the Oware Dixon Double Bivy. I had been in the market for a double bivy for a long time but couldn't find too many options out there! I had seen the Double Vapr Bivy Sack @ BPL...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 09, 7:23pm