BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 141 - 150 of 1448 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...145

Forum » Thread

cash and card
You will need to carry cash because there are places that only take cash on the long trails. I took a debit card and credit card. Used the debit but had the credit as backup. I also carry my lic...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
November 09, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Do inflatable pads work ok
Doug, Bravo!

In GEAR » Do inflatable pads work ok
November 09, 7:39pm

Tried and.......
Failed as improved bread bag style feet protectors. Wore holes in a few miles.

In GEAR » The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
November 07, 5:36pm

Re: Looking good
"Patagonia Houdini, pants or jacket? It's a personal choice, but I don't like hiking all day in blazing sun in shorts. I saw lots of people with roasted legs in southern CA. I think...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
November 06, 7:35pm

Re: Re: An 18oz. Solution
Jennifer, I made it. It most closely resembles a solomid but I made it with an offset peak to increase the headspace in the right place.

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 05, 7:15pm

An 18oz. Solution
I wanted many of the same features as you but with the additional flexibility of having a modular system. The total weight of the inner and outer comes in at 18oz and uses .74 cuben and nanonoseem...

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 05, 5:18pm

Re: BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
"I might think a tent is great. Another poster might not. So what? It's a tent :-)" That your problem. You shouldn't be using a tent. You're a wanna be pack sniffing, sec...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
November 03, 6:39pm

Alternative design
I suspect you will find a mid design will weigh less, handle condensation better, will be quicker to setup and have less stress on the material. I played around with design like you are proposing ...

In Make Your Own Gear » .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
November 03, 4:22pm

All of the above.
Let''s take it as fact that Giardia can pass through the nose to infect. Further, it is known that drinking untreated water can cause the sickness as can food contamination from others. A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » POP QUIZ
November 03, 5:28am

PCT layers
"Is it foolish to think I could get by with a windshirt (houdini), down parka (mointbell UL down parka) driducks rain jacket and maybe some wind pants(montbelll dynamo) for the PCT? I rarely s...

In GEAR » Layering system for PCT and 3 season hiking?
November 01, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.