BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 141 - 150 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...145

Forum » Thread

Not quite lazy
But a fad unmotivated. Did a 14 mile road run. Over the last few weeks I have concentrated on long runs, 13-20 miles once a week. Did a 32 mile trail run/hike three weeks ago. Getting good base ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
November 10, 7:32pm

Trail
There is a trail from the east boat dock to MTR in addition to a gutted road used by the old military vehicle. It is a major enough trail that I ran into a misplaced PCT hiker at the boat ramp tha...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
November 10, 5:05pm

cash and card
You will need to carry cash because there are places that only take cash on the long trails. I took a debit card and credit card. Used the debit but had the credit as backup. I also carry my lic...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
November 09, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Do inflatable pads work ok
Doug, Bravo!

In GEAR » Do inflatable pads work ok
November 09, 7:39pm

Tried and.......
Failed as improved bread bag style feet protectors. Wore holes in a few miles.

In GEAR » The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
November 07, 5:36pm

Re: Looking good
"Patagonia Houdini, pants or jacket? It's a personal choice, but I don't like hiking all day in blazing sun in shorts. I saw lots of people with roasted legs in southern CA. I think...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
November 06, 7:35pm

Re: Re: An 18oz. Solution
Jennifer, I made it. It most closely resembles a solomid but I made it with an offset peak to increase the headspace in the right place.

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 05, 7:15pm

An 18oz. Solution
I wanted many of the same features as you but with the additional flexibility of having a modular system. The total weight of the inner and outer comes in at 18oz and uses .74 cuben and nanonoseem...

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 05, 5:18pm

Re: BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
"I might think a tent is great. Another poster might not. So what? It's a tent :-)" That your problem. You shouldn't be using a tent. You're a wanna be pack sniffing, sec...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
November 03, 6:39pm

Alternative design
I suspect you will find a mid design will weigh less, handle condensation better, will be quicker to setup and have less stress on the material. I played around with design like you are proposing ...

In Make Your Own Gear » .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
November 03, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.