Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 141 - 150 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Raw edge of noseeum - trim needed?
>Did you do anything to finish the cut edge of noseeum that would lay on the ground? Hi Michael, I finished the zipper and tent edges of the noseeum, but I left the ground edge unfinished....

In Philmont » Homemade tents
September 30, 9:17pm

Re: Slinglight chair as external frame pack
> I bet some DIYers can use the slinglight as an external pack frame and get multi use out of it I have taken a slinglight chair and created what I call the "Chair-e-it" backpack. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinventing... the chair
September 28, 8:46pm

Space Blanket tents - Mylar vs LDPE
> I gather you favor mylar over LDPE (at least for you vs Scouts that may not be as careful). How much noise does it make in the wind? Hi Michael, After building tents from both, I do like...

September 12, 11:07am

Re: Stake loops on Space Blanket material
Hi Michael, Sorry. Poor choice of words on my part. Yes the stake goes through the loop created in the tape. And yes this does twist the loop 90 degrees. When I build my next tent I will still l...

September 11, 8:35am

Re: Stake loops on Space Blanket material
> Did you not like the loops? I was thinking of something like Scott Van Doeselaar did with his cuben tent. Having now tried both loops and grommets with Space Blanket material, I like the l...

September 10, 7:23am

Re: edge reinforcement
> I guess ALL the tape could be placed on the under (silver) side. Hi Michael, You can. I did this on my early mylar prototypes where I used stake loops (made from tape) rather than grom...

September 09, 10:19am

Re: Heatsheet reinforcement
> It doesn't appear the bi-directional filament tape (Extreme Application) has any special UV resistance so I think I'll cover it with the transparent duct tape Hi Michael, Instead...

September 08, 9:44pm

Re: Crazy Creek for Chair-e-it
> You mention the Crazy Creek version as well: will it work just as well? Hi Todd, I have both chairs (Sling-light, Crazy Creek version). Crazy Creek made an exact copy (rippoff) of the ...

September 08, 6:37am

Re: Coghlan tube tent
> The tube tent is polyethylene, not mirrored, and probably a little higher mil than a heatsheet? Hi John, The Coghlan tube tent is 2.5 mil which is about 5 times thicker that a heatsheet ...

September 07, 4:38pm

Re: Lightweight wire stakes
> I'm also impressed your wire stakes can go into packed down tent sites like that. What approx gauge? Hi Michael, I just measured the spring steel wire I used. It is 1/16" diamet...

September 07, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.