BPL Community Profile

Thomas Gauperaa (gauperaa) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Norway
About Me 37 years old. Working as an interaction designer. Interested in hiking, photography, coffee, hifi and more. On a quest to learn skills needed to be comfortable and safe in the outdoors, and to figure out how I function when hiking long trips alone.
CityOslo
CountryNorway
My Website URLhttp://goinglighter.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Gauperaa

Showing 141 - 150 of 186 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Finished my first MYOG attempt... a summer quilt
Your quilt looks great! That's actually my next project, have planned to order the kit today.

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my first MYOG attempt... a summer quilt
January 04, 4:23am

Re: re: Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Jamie, thanks for the info. I think I will make a drawcord closure at the neck like shown here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=1...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
January 03, 10:24am

Nice, then I'll go ahead and order the quilt kit + stuff i need to make a drawcord closure at the head end, plus straps. What do you judge the temperature rating to be? did you add the 3oz over...

January 03, 7:14am

Re: Nice
Go for it! It is fun and very rewarding :)

January 03, 5:15am

Re: Finished thru-hiker vest
Tom, Thanks, I haven't worn it outside yet because we've been experiencing a really cold period here in Norway the last weeks with temperatures down to around 5F, so I can't offer an...

January 01, 1:15pm

Jamie, I think the silnylon will hold up nicely, but we'll see. Seems like it's a perfect pack for you with the base weight you're carrying. I will use it for some longer trips next ...

January 01, 1:12pm

Re: Re: re: Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Thanks for the kind feedback guys. Jamie: wow, you've really been productive. Impressed by the amount of gear you've made. I am also going to make the quilt from thru-hiker and will chec...

January 01, 6:18am

Re: Enhancing a Cocoon quilt
Nice job! I think I am going to make a quilt this winter, maybe from the thru-hiker kit. Seems like a nice project.

In Make Your Own Gear » Enhancing a Cocoon quilt
December 30, 1:56pm

Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Finally got some spare time to finish the Minima vest from thru-hiker.com (love the holidays!). I opted for Momentum for the shell and Climashield Combat as insulation. I think it worked out fine. ...

December 30, 6:56am

Re: GoLite Womens Packs
James: thanks for mentioning sunny sport's special. Got a Jam for my mum for christmas :)

In Gear Deals » Women's GoLite Jam - $50, free shipping
November 22, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Gauperaa

Thomas Gauperaa has posted no reviews.