BPL Community Profile

Thomas Gauperaa (gauperaa) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Norway
About Me 39 years old. Working as an interaction designer. Interested in hiking, photography, coffee, hifi and more. On a quest to learn skills needed to be comfortable and safe in the outdoors, and to figure out how I function when hiking long trips alone.
CityOslo
CountryNorway
My Website URLhttp://goinglighter.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thomas Gauperaa

Showing 141 - 150 of 189 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
Richard, thanks for the info!

In GEAR » Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
January 07, 4:18am

Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
I have a 2 year old Moutain Equipment Omega down jacket which is showing signs of the DWR failing with the shell wetting out instead of making water drops gather and roll off. Is it possible to ...

In GEAR » Reapply DWR to shell of down jacket?
January 05, 6:52am

Re: Footbox
Jamie, thanks for all that very useful info. I will start my quilt project as soon as I'm done with the G4, which by the way has been a pleasure so far. I am done with the shoulder straps and t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
January 04, 3:59pm

Re: Finished my first MYOG attempt... a summer quilt
Your quilt looks great! That's actually my next project, have planned to order the kit today.

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my first MYOG attempt... a summer quilt
January 04, 4:23am

Re: re: Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Jamie, thanks for the info. I think I will make a drawcord closure at the neck like shown here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=1...

January 03, 10:24am

Nice, then I'll go ahead and order the quilt kit + stuff i need to make a drawcord closure at the head end, plus straps. What do you judge the temperature rating to be? did you add the 3oz over...

January 03, 7:14am

Re: Nice
Go for it! It is fun and very rewarding :)

January 03, 5:15am

Re: Finished thru-hiker vest
Tom, Thanks, I haven't worn it outside yet because we've been experiencing a really cold period here in Norway the last weeks with temperatures down to around 5F, so I can't offer an...

January 01, 1:15pm

Jamie, I think the silnylon will hold up nicely, but we'll see. Seems like it's a perfect pack for you with the base weight you're carrying. I will use it for some longer trips next ...

January 01, 1:12pm

Re: Re: re: Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Thanks for the kind feedback guys. Jamie: wow, you've really been productive. Impressed by the amount of gear you've made. I am also going to make the quilt from thru-hiker and will chec...

January 01, 6:18am

All Reader Reviews by Thomas Gauperaa

Thomas Gauperaa has posted no reviews.