BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 141 - 150 of 295 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you do for a living
I have a BS and MS in Computer Science and I currently do just about everything there is to do in the web world for a Fortune 100 company. I really love tech and programming and I think my passion...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
January 31, 3:37pm

Patagonia Spring lineup
R1 Hoody in new color. I didn't see much of anything else that was interesting.

In GEAR » Patagonia Spring lineup
January 29, 3:29pm

Re: Micro Puff Hood v Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
I made a simple chart comparing my short list of synthetic hooded jackets. Since my post above I found a lot of forum posts and BPL articles. Unfortunately, the last big synthetic test was 2005. ...

In GEAR » Micro Puff Hood v Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
January 28, 9:06am

Re: Micro Puff Hood v Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
I'm interested in this as well. In fact, I would love to see some sort of ranking/rating system for: Micro puff pullover vs Cocoon Hoody vs Cocoon Pro 60 Parka vs Montbell UL down inn...

In GEAR » Micro Puff Hood v Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
January 27, 4:03pm

Re: Re: Lightest Fishing Kit
Hey Curt, Could you post come recommendations for 2 oz reels? The lightest reel I could find is ~5oz Frank

In Fishing » Lightest Fishing Kit
January 27, 10:39am

Re: Steripen and Narrow Mouth 1L Platy
This may be a stupid question, but what are the advantages of the Steripen over good old Aqua Mira?

In GEAR » Steripen and Narrow Mouth 1L Platy
January 26, 9:15pm

Re: Lightest Fishing Kit
My Shimano AX SULA reel is 5.5 ounces and Cabella 6'telescopic rod is only 2.8 ounces with .7 ounces of the handle trimmed off. The Cabella rod I believe is only 20 bucks and can shave 3-4 o...

In Fishing » Lightest Fishing Kit
January 26, 9:08pm

Re: How to shave weight from my Marmot Precip?
Shame on you Sam for leaving us with a cliffhanger!

In GEAR » How to shave weight from my Marmot Precip? (and DWR question)
January 25, 2:43pm

Re: Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
Bill, I suggest posting your gear list and each one of your MYOG items is a link to a blog post and/or forum thread describing how you built the item and your learnings. I know what you make ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
January 25, 6:59am

Re: Map coordinates to GPS
Thanks for the help everyone. Knowing that the numbers on the map refer to UTM sure does it make it easier ;-) Now I know what the UTM overlays in the BPL store are used for! In Google Earth&#...

In Philosophy & Technique » Map coordinates to GPS
January 24, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm