BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 141 - 150 of 461 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...47

Forum » Thread

Sub 1 pounders by-law suggestions
2.) Poster retains intellectual property rights to items posted and gear designed. Participation denotes agreement with this stipulation. Individual use license on all ideas is granted to all membe...

In Gear Lists » Sub 1 lb. Intellectual Exercise
June 04, 5:32pm

One other thing - Sub 1
Upon reading through our thread again I must say that I disagree with the thoughts that Clothing that does double duty as equipment should be included in pack weight. These hikers are not hiking...

June 04, 3:59pm

XXSUL Bivy prototype and 4.5 ounce Thermolite Quilt (Sub 1 IE)
Just ordered the materials for Bivy prototype 3.0. I'm very excited about this one. I started with a shortened and modified Meteor Bivy at 6.8 ounces, then created a new design and used d...

June 04, 1:20pm

Random thoughts on XXSUL (1 lb IE) gear
Bill/Huzefa As Bill had talked about earlier, I'm playing with a closed cell foam pathway for a super comfy pad, so don't close out your thought processes on only going in one direction ...

June 04, 1:02pm

Re: Sub 1lb I-E - prototype pack weight capacity
The straps are similar to a G6 without foam, and I've carried 15 with no problem with the G6. There is one load carriing seam in the pack and that runs along the length and width of the back...

June 04, 5:31am

Sub 1 IE
Well ... I'm going a bit scale crazy at the moment ... The prototype spin bivy came out at 5.8 ounces in it's stuff sack, the full meteor bivy I made from Momentum, Sil-nylon, and noseeu...

June 03, 7:15pm

Prototype Pack pictures
Pictures are OK ... humidity is messing with my digital camera I'll post more after I finish the extension collar ... not bad for one ounce.

June 03, 6:58pm

Prototype Pack
FInished up the prototype cuben pack tonight and I got my new Scale in the mail today as well! The pack comes in right at 29 grams. However, I'm not happy with the pack closure, so I'...

June 03, 6:06pm

Anyone iterested in a lightly used G6?
I bought a G6 (great pack, by the way) but quickly found out that the straps are not long enough for Texas Sized hikers. Only used on one weekend trip, like new condition. Includes shoulder stra...

In Gear Swap » Anyone iterested in a lightly used G6?
June 03, 3:23pm

Politically correct Jerky
Hummmmm We should be eating Tofu jerky these days or what????? I'm thinking Vegan and Bunny jerky myself.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is jerky an appropriate ...
June 02, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm