Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 141 - 150 of 289 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Neoair Large mattress, $87 incl. shipping
PM sent for next in line.

In Gear Swap » FS: Neoair Large mattress, $87 incl. shipping
May 13, 3:26pm

Re: My day-job and backpacking finally intersect
Brad, Well done! Your camera angles, lighting, and editing are spot on. Enjoyed the tactile shots of hands touching rocks and bark. It is no easy task trying to capture the reasons why we explor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My day-job and backpacking finally intersect
May 11, 10:49pm

Re: FS: Zpacks Hexamid twin tent w/beak
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Zpacks Hexamid twin tent w/beak
May 08, 7:56pm

Re: Backpacking the Trinity Alps
Call Weaverville Ranger Station for trail condition. 530 623-2121 ext. 1760 for trails Bill

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking the Trinity Alps
May 08, 4:19pm

Re: Does Such a Shoe Exist
You need the original 1990 Nike Lava Domes. I wish they would be brought back with the original glues, wide foot box, and tough as nails sole and uppers. Bill

In GEAR » Does Such a Shoe Exist
May 01, 10:01pm

Re: Cracked fingers from snow camping
SWEEN CREAM (found at most pharmacies) the best I have found for dry cracked skin. Also works for burns, chaffing and itching. I always take a small vile. Bill

In Winter Hiking » Cracked fingers from snow camping
April 22, 2:36pm

SOLD FS Inov8 Roclite 315 size 11.5
BUMP with price reduction.

In Gear Swap » FS Inov8 Roclite 315 size 11.5
April 20, 8:46pm

Re: How Do I Heal a Chronic Achilles Issue ?
Art, I am an avid racquetball player and tore my Achilles playing the young “bucks”. My wife hid my racquetball gear for 4 months and I completely healed from the rest. I too had great succe...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do I Heal a Chronic Achilles Issue ?
April 19, 8:28pm

Re: Ideas for hiking sun protection/ scrambling gloves
E-Force Chill Racquetball Glove. I use these on every summer trip. They breath well, very durable, comfortable, light weight, and protect hands from sun,rock abrasions, fire or pot burns. These glo...

In GEAR » Ideas for hiking sun protection/ scrambling gloves
April 18, 9:59pm

SOLD Inov8 Roclite 315 size 11.5
New in box Inov8 Roclite size 11.5 grey/rust. Sell $50 shipped. Prefer personal paypal. http://www.amazon.com/Inov-8-Mens-Roclite-Trail-Running/dp/B002NPCARQ Bill

In Gear Swap » FS Inov8 Roclite 315 size 11.5
April 18, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm