Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 141 - 150 of 264 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...27

Forum » Thread

Love it
Every time I am backpacking or ice climbing in the northeast during winter I use the Ninjaclava. I have numerous face masks and a few balaclavas, and was always looking for something that was fu...

In GEAR » OR Ninjaclava
August 18, 12:10pm

pillowsack
I very much like the Granite Gear Pillowsack- the fleece exterior prevents the sack from moving and is very comfortable against skin. The more rectangular shape provides more surface area for your ...

In GEAR » Suggestions: a mug, a pillow, a bandana
July 14, 4:15pm

Some options
What counts as SUL in your opinion? The very lightest silnylon jackets are under 7oz (Equinox Gazalle) and so too are the lighest "waterproof/breathable" jackets such as the Marmot Mica, ...

In GEAR » SUL Wind and Waterproof top
June 28, 9:38pm

roll inside the bag
As mentioned, if you move with the bag, your sleeping position is not really an issue. Of course if you really curl up into a ball, I find the knees and hips compress the insulation. Also, moving ...

In GEAR » Side Sleepers Sleeping Bag
June 13, 8:32pm

some thoughts
Hi David, Just a suggestion; you will likely get more responses to a gear question in the “G Spot” forum. The Tamarak is essentially a climber’s half-bag, and given your height will like...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Western Mountaineering Tamarak Question
May 20, 9:23pm

if it promotes wilderness support- for it
I hoped I'd never be this guy- but in regards to ultralight firearms, try a search. That topic has been discussed at length. My only issue with the provision is that it is a rider on a compl...

In Chaff » Guns in parks?.... maybe soon!
May 19, 6:08pm

Big Agnes Horse Thief SL is lightest
-15 is chilly! I have not used the Wiggys overbag, but would be skeptical of the 40 degree added warmth claim. As Ross mentioned, the design requirements for overbags necessitate a heavy item, an...

In GEAR » U.L. Overbag?
May 13, 4:39pm

It depends on where the moisture is coming from- internal can be combated with VBL and/or an overbag, external will be helped by an overbag but a good shell fabric is a better option. Overbags a...

In GEAR » Need help with an overbag to combat damp down bag
May 04, 11:32am

ironing
Low heat iron? Perhaps even with a damp cloth in between... My two Arcteryx Gamma MX jackets make the same claim- and the DWR sucks and so needs reapplication often. I would spray one down with ...

In GEAR » Red Ledge rain pants tag says it can't be heat-dried
May 02, 1:33pm

CCW pack
I have a similar CCW pack- same size, features, etc. but mine has a dual buckle lid. I just used it today for a quick 7 mile hike, and use it as a leader pack for ice climbing and alpine. I do wis...

In GEAR » Cold Cold World Ozone
April 29, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.