Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 141 - 150 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

I'm longwinded
There is a lot going on here- many different topics. My previous post was an attempt to suggest a thread to tie them all together if a book is your intention. “In the end I just feel like spe...

In GEAR » Right VS Wrong or Left VS Right
April 11, 2:55pm

comments
What is your goal in writing the book- to compare different backpacking styles? I am not sure we need another instruction-type manual… though personal accounts can always be interesting if well ...

In GEAR » Right VS Wrong or Left VS Right
April 11, 11:11am

another option
Cameron- you and I have the exact same criteria for a belay parka and I too have been deliberating over a Rab Endurance for over a year now. I have never seen one, but did check out a Rab Neutr...

In GEAR » Winter Down Jacket
April 08, 5:59pm

power
Dan, take this statement, “I've been weirded out by people with guns in the backcountry but it was always the particular person with the gun, and not the gun itself.” A person that makes yo...

In Chaff » do you take protection on hikes?
March 17, 6:12pm

NPS legality
Hey OP, was your question inspired by the recently defeated Omnibus Public Land Managment Act? I know that there has been much talk over gun carrying rights as the sticking issue... and reading thr...

In Chaff » do you take protection on hikes?
March 17, 11:54am

maybe
I have no idea what the ground is like in Moab- but sharp pebbles etc. can damage silnylon. Also, sand sticks to the stuff like metal shavings on a magnet- I often use a very light groundcloth unle...

In GEAR » Equinox Bivy
March 15, 10:29pm

Anyone use Taiga Gear?
I just found out that this company exists: https://www.taigaworks.ca/ Their prices for down clothing and bags, actually everything, are very, very competitive. Has anyone used anything from them...

In GEAR » Anyone use Taiga Gear?
March 06, 3:10pm

Naos 55
That's great that you found a pack that works for you- and though some will scoff at a 4lb pack, I find a few pounds devoted to suspension and construction are worth it if my shoulders are spar...

In GEAR » Major Gear Score at REI: Arcteryx Naos 55
March 02, 10:44pm

What is the Montana's intended rating?
Before I weigh-in on what class of tents the Montana should be compared to, I need some clarification on its intended end-use. Big Sky’s website states that the Montana, properly configured, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Montana 2P Tent Review
February 28, 3:33pm

depends
Though saying this sounds trite, much depends on what you mean by 'mountaineering'... there are walk-up 14rs that can be done in the summer in shorts and a t-shirt, and then there are 8000 ...

In GEAR » Mountaineering Clothing vs hiking clothing
February 27, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.