BPL Community Profile

Eric Swab (ericswab) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Eric Swab has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.swabconcrete.com
My PDF Gear ListColorado Rockies 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Swab

Showing 141 - 150 of 158 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

suggestions for mid layer bottoms
I am not sold on soft shell bottoms, they are nice but not flexible enough year year round for the price. I wear the same upper clothing as you and have been experimenting with bottom layers as we...

In GEAR » suggestions for mid layer bottoms
January 23, 9:24pm

Hooded wind shell sizing help
I can feel your pain with sizing, I seem to own three different sizes of clothing. I just purchased the Marmot wind hoody, I am 5'8", 150lbs, the size large fits over all layers and has p...

In GEAR » Hooded wind shell sizing help
January 23, 9:12pm

3 season gear list, CO
Nice gear list, Do you always go without rain gear? Do you ever find you need more insulation or bottom protection? Last year was my first in Colorado and I have been carrying either rain pants or...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear list, CO
January 18, 8:38pm

3/4 Pads / Torso pads
I use a 3/4 pad, and sleep in all three positions, it really does not bother me that my feet are not on the pad either for cold or comfort, the stuff sack pillow is on the ground, not the pad, so i...

In GEAR » 3/4 Pads / Torso pads
January 18, 8:14pm

Colorado Front Range Winter Backpacking
I am looking to do some weekend winter trips in the Comanche Peaks, Rocky Mountain National Park or Indian Peaks areas, live in Fort Collins. I have some trip ideas but nothing solid, have not win...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Front Range Winter Backpacking
January 12, 9:41am

"Anyone ever sew a silnylon floor onto a Golite SL2 or other pyramid shelter?
Golite makes a floor for the tent that clips in. Check out their website.

In GEAR » Anyone ever sew a silnylon floor onto a Golite SL2 or other pyramid shelter?
January 11, 1:01pm

convertible/zip-off pants suggestions
I like my REI ones, not sure what model, but lightweight nylon that sheds water well and dries fast. The bottoms have a full zipper so you can take them off without removing your shoes which is ni...

In GEAR » convertible/zip-off pants suggestions?
January 08, 8:34pm

NatGeo Topo
Everyone, Thanks for your input, I think for while I would prefer to stick to trails and the trails illustrated maps provide easy to look at options for planning. When I am more comfortable with ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NatGeo Topo
January 08, 8:24pm

NatGeo Topo
Drew, I do not have the Utah set to trade you, but was thinking of purchasing the Colorado set soon. Does the software so all of the trails on it like the Trails illustrated maps do? Or is i...

In Gear Swap » WTT: NG Topo colorado for utah mapping software
January 07, 11:14am

180 South
Just watched last night, it gave me new respect for the founders of TNF and Patagonia, some very good quotes and insight from them as well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
January 07, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Swab

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Minimalist
This economical cook set doesn't seem to get much press, probably because it is not titanium. The 20oz. (600ml) size works out perfect for most dehydrated meals. In the morning it is enough ...

In Cookware - Other
March 08, 9:40pm