BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 141 - 150 of 285 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: galvanized = bad
I've never heard of galvanized coat hangars, usually that's only done to things that you want to protect from the elements, like roof flashing, deck screws, roofing nails etc. As far as usi...

In GEAR » Galvanized coat hangers?
September 03, 7:10pm

Re: system
"I don't want something that will last next season or the one after that but for 10 years down the road." The platypus bags will last several seasons if treated well: don't cre...

In GEAR » Any issues witht he collapsible plasic water containers?
August 29, 12:48pm

Re: Hey guys! don't check out this SPAM
^^^SPAM^^^

In GEAR » Water Filters
August 26, 8:41pm

Re: grossgrain webbing
Yes, me too please...

In Make Your Own Gear » Free Grosgrain
August 21, 1:27am

Re: could you?
"Could you use your hose/bladder in place of the irrigation syringe?" You need high pressure and good water velocity, think waterpik.

In Philosophy & Technique » First Aid Packing List
August 13, 2:00pm

Re: Re: ultralight knife sheaths?
Making or getting a custom Kydex one made is probably a good solution. You really don't want to skip on the sheath, it's an essential piece of safety gear: it's to prevent holes in you ...

In GEAR » ultralight knife sheaths?
August 13, 1:55pm

Re: Re: 5 fingers
"- Requires you to walk with full concentration of what is below your feet." Absolutely. This can be seen as either a pro or con, but for me it takes away from the hiking if my head is...

In Philosophy & Technique » 5 fingers
August 13, 1:45pm

Thommen
Find a used thommen on ebay. They are bulletproof.

In GEAR » Altimeter - favorites?
August 11, 11:50am

Re: Re: encrypt, don't password protect
+1 on the usb key. You can leave some information plain text like name, local contact, etc. and a encrypted partition with your personal data. Make it lowest common denominator: the plain text is j...

In GEAR » Sort of a Gear Question...
August 09, 5:08pm

Re: Zippers
"...started mounting regular zippers backwards to give them the technical look of a waterproof zipper without actually being any better that a regular zipper." +1, have to agree. It...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing YKK coil zippers
August 08, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.