Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Danielsen (er1kksen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Western Door
About Me Living and working between adventures. So far those have included the Andes, the Adirondacks, the nooks and crannies of WNY, and being a not-quite-UL wanderer all over the east coast.
CityFredonia
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListOld Disorganized Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Danielsen

Showing 141 - 150 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Knives, an age thing?
There may be something to that. I actually have experienced many members of my generation (currently 18-25) reacting in shock and fear to the presence of a knife, even though it was simply a small ...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 21, 9:29am

Re: My menacing knives
"fearing more carnage I modified the knife and now have a locking blade along with the scissors , toothpick and tweezers." You have locking tweezers? I'm impressed.

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 21, 5:42am

Re: i'm going to pay for this in the morning
Green materials and etc. have raised weights a bit across the board for golite, but at least the Ultra 20 quilt has gained weight mostly due to additional down. It's quite definitely a solid 20...

In GEAR » GoLite 1 season down quilt
October 21, 5:36am

Thanks
I received mine today. They're in quite good shape and the fit is perfect, went on a walk/run and they were very comfortable. Thanks Amy!

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 RocLite 370. Sizes 8.5 AND 9
October 20, 6:05pm

Re: I'm leaning towards the PowerShot SX200 IS
You may, perhaps, wish to look at the slightly older SX100 IS or SX110 IS. Differences in image quality straight from the camera are quite minor, but the difference is that the CHDK group has firmw...

In GEAR » What's your favorite backcountry camera?
October 20, 1:55pm

Make your own bucket floor
Just attach some lines to the edges of your groundsheet and tie them to something overhead (the ridgeline, perhaps?) while using gear or sticks to keep the rest of the groundsheet spread out. This ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shelter in the Pacific NW
October 20, 6:49am

Re: What's your favorite backcountry camera?
I have to admit my usual backpacking camera (my only camera, actually) is my Pentax K-x DSLR. Yes, it's big, and yes, it's heavy (one of the lightest DSLRs though, and it helps to use Lithi...

In GEAR » What's your favorite backcountry camera?
October 19, 8:10pm

Re: Land's EndRegular SnowPack 700 Down Jacket $48
I have the women's since it was cheaper at the time and available in a size that would actually fit me. Good jacket, great value. Highly recommended if you can't afford Montbell and the rest.

In Gear Deals » Land's EndRegular SnowPack 700 Down Jacket $48
October 19, 4:15am

Re: Re: Re: LDPE vs .33oz cuben
Hmm. I thought I'd read that in the OR report. It may have been in a thread specifically on the tent, however, as I recall browsing one. Might have read something from an iffy source. On review...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber
October 18, 7:39pm

Re: Tension Only
Chris, don't forget that wind and heavy precipitation may generate torsional forces and possibly, in a poorly designed shelter, cleavage or tearing forces (if two tension panels are pressured i...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber
October 18, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Danielsen

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
I have owned and loved a pair of these and worn them until their current state of having gaping holes in the sides. Observations: great fit, decent support and cushioning (never any sore feet) and...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 10, 7:29am