BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 141 - 150 of 257 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Maybe Chaff
Tom - you've committed the cardinal sin of spelling Whisky with an 'e'... Mike's tag means he can't actually leave Scotland without the Border Police being alerted... But,...

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 04, 12:51am

powders
I use Palatinose and instant oats (milled so fine they dissolve); they work really well for me as they just go in with water and 'top me up' all day. These are largely carb-based though.......

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using weight gainer powder on the trail
February 03, 3:17pm

Lite max
It's the only gas stove I use when I use gas....which is mainly when I backpack with others. Kicked into touch these days though by the Caldera Tri-ti for solo trips.

In GEAR » Snow Peak lite max titanium stove
February 03, 12:08am

Pack Ideas
I've been having a similar debate....I have more than enough packs but am trying to rationalise while thinking about the PCT within the next few years...so ability to carry a can factors in. ...

In GEAR » Pack ideas?
February 03, 12:05am

Unna
I live in the UK; it can get damp! Easy enough to make an Unna porch (virtual vestibule is how Hilly describe it); shoes, sack (and on) can fit in the existing fly-inner gap as is. I'm in...

In GEAR » Hilleberg: Unna Vs. Soulo
February 02, 1:26am

Unna_Soulo
I've had an Unna for a few years and it's a very roomy shelter. One (to me) of it's best features is that you can put it up very rapidly due to the two sleeved poles(can swap those out ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg: Unna Vs. Soulo
February 02, 12:37am

GR20
Drop me a PM if you would like a .pdf (at 1:25,000) of the route on maps - derived from the IGN Rando digital mapping; I'd have to put it in a download space for you somewhere.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GR-20 Questions
January 28, 5:34am

JMT, GR20
Comparison...they don't really compare for me and I have done both...if asking which I found harder - the JMT as you have long distances between supply and being from the UK the altitude kicked...

January 28, 1:03am

GR20
Did this 5 (?) years or so back. On my way to bed so here is a link to a trip report and will follow up with any info others have not covered tomorrow. http://www.x-alt.com/walks/index.php?s_...

January 27, 3:23pm

potty trowel
I'll have it

In Gear Swap » FS ULA 'Potty Trowel'
January 21, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am