Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rob E (eatSleepFish) - BPL Guest

My Locale Canada
About Me Fly fisherman turned ultra-lighter to access remote lakes and streams.
StateOntario
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rob E

Showing 141 - 150 of 179 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

ShamWow
The ShamWow I have is about the size of a piece of paper and lighter than my bandana, works great.

In GEAR » best pack towel?
February 02, 6:45pm

ShamWow
I too use a ShamWow, one of the smallest size ones, it is about the size of a sheet of paper, very light and absorbant.

In GEAR » best pack towel?
February 02, 3:22pm

Birch and Alder
Hi Justin, ok, thanks for the heads up on the pine. There are usually an abundance of Alder and Birch where I am heading... it is good that both of those are good for smoking, as I have a heck of ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Smoking fish on the trail?
February 02, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Smoking fish on the trail?
Hi Dave, Lots of great info there, thanks. I have spent a lot of time up near Alaska: either in the Yukon around the Kluane park area, or near the Skeena River, which is near Ketchikan. Aside...

February 02, 1:45pm

pot soot
oh, I should have clarified: I'm not worried about the outside of the pot. I use it over open fires all the time, often with twigs and wood that has a lot of sap and the pot gets covered in a ...

February 02, 1:18pm

Hot smoke
Yes, I realize it is hot smoking. On the trail I am more interested in hot smoking anyway, I won't have the time to do a "real" smoke. I am planning a packraft trip coming up where ...

February 02, 12:41pm

Smoking fish on the trail?
I've been compiling fish recipes and came across this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMKVeLc1Gg In which the author hot smokes quite a bit of fish over a fire in a pot. H...

February 02, 11:17am

Interesting results
Hi Keith interesting experiments, thanks for sharing them. Some other experiments to try if you have the time: * Varying the hight of your non-flux ringed snow peak pot to see the effect. ...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol Ti pot with Caldera Cone
February 01, 4:56pm

almost pulled the trigger
I almost bought one of these, but I would have to ship it to Canada. I checked, they ship with FedEx. So the cost would be $65 + shipping costs + FedEx brokerage fee (an unknown amount) + $8.50 C...

In Gear Deals » 50% off Neoair's + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)
February 01, 12:21pm

Re: must be SOME benefit from the flux ring?
"So my take on the Fluxring is its producing the equivalent of what a Cone does, keep hot gases around longer nearer the pot so more of the heat of the gas is getting into the pot. " F...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol Ti pot with Caldera Cone
January 31, 7:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Rob E

Rob E has posted no reviews.