BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Osburn (earn_my_turns) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I live in NJ, I play in ADK, Green Mtns., and White Mtns.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUS
My PDF Gear ListBPL Vermont Trip!!!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Osburn

Showing 141 - 150 of 306 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...31

Forum » Thread

boots
Frozen boots as in soaked, is a trip limiting issue. I am not sure I want to be in the mountains with a person that mis-steps at the trailhead into a creek though. What stupid thing is that perso...

In GEAR » Winter Hike/Camping gear for the high peaks?
December 16, 7:51am

water
Water is a personal preference, my norm is... I start the day with 2 bottles of water, one hot and one cool (this is the one that if I am going to add a drink mix to like gatorade powder or tang)...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 15, 3:13pm

Re: Summary and what "feel" will this hike have?
Hummm. I think it will be alot of hiking, you almost always have to either start or finish a winter hike in the dark. The good thing is if we have about 8 or so people we can roll the leader out ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 15, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Re: "Winter Hike/Camping gear for the high peaks?"
Adam, I really think you should rethink crampons and ice axe. I think you do NEED these, but you also need to know how to use them properly otherwise they are dead weight. I am always looking ...

December 15, 6:23am

GoLite Odyssey
I really like this pack. Very minimalist, the few pockets and straps that it has seem to be in the right places and right size to hold all of my stuff. My only complaint is that it doesn't re...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight Mountaineering Pack
December 14, 6:15pm

Re: Boots for winter in the High Peaks
Sorry to be a jerk but... "Secondly, you might get away with a cheap footwear option in not too cold winter conditions. So far, in temperatures down to 10 degrees (F) I've used summer r...

December 14, 10:44am

Re: Re: ADK Winter School
I would highly recommend winter school. I was a student last year, and I picked up alot of the little tricks that make winter mountaineering alot of fun and alot safer. Full disclosure I will be ...

December 14, 10:36am

Re: Sounds Fun
PMed you. No snowboarding on this one, those are my winter boots of choice. I am always looking for more people to ride with, I am hopefully a few weeks away from having a splitboard finished up.

In Gear Lists » BPL Weekend in the Green Mountains
December 14, 6:39am

poles
That is a tough one, I think they are essential with snowshoes for some reason, but my girlfriend hates them the few times she has been snowshoeing. On this mountain if you don't have them, an...

December 14, 6:36am

Re: Nice winter list
Thanks Clint, I don't think you will need to get all that stuff right off the bat, but winter is a bit tricky because for the most part you can't really make do until you can afford someth...

December 13, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Osburn

Jeremy Osburn has posted no reviews.