Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 141 - 150 of 7772 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...778

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarp size: is 10 x 4,5 enough???
10' length is okay, but that is 5" shorter on the width than my poncho. Small tarps are good with a bivy, particularly for head-end coverage with a waterproof bivy for less claustrophobic ...

In GEAR » Tarp size: is 10 x 4,5 enough???
January 15, 3:05pm

Re: Is mountain biking like snow skiing
Skiing is the art of falling downhill gracefully at great expense. Mountain biking is like that about 50% of the time, plus sweating uphill slowly at the same expense. Bike packing, touring and...

In GEAR » Is mountain biking like snow skiing
January 14, 4:18pm

FS: GSI French Coffee Presses
Sold to Mike S: a pair of GSI French coffee presses. The small one holds 12oz and weighs 6oz with the removable cozy. The large one holds a liter and weighs 13.6oz. They have metal screens, plastic...

In Gear Swap » FS: GSI French Coffee Presses
January 14, 3:53pm

Re: soaking vs brushing to apply silicone to an old tent
I read specs that mentioned both PU and silicone coatings on the fly. McNett makes some products for resealing PU coated tents. A call to MSR customer service may get you a new tent :)

In GEAR » soaking vs brushing to apply silicone to an old tent
January 13, 2:05pm

Re: What our gear says about us...
Sure! My gear list shows that I'm a bargain-hunting cheapskate with a penchant for the Ten Essentials :) Like any stereotype or assumption the accuracy is fraught with dangers, but the gener...

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 13, 1:32pm

Re: anyone make a 25" ccf pad in 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8"
Most discount/big box stores that carry camping gear have 25" wide pads. Coleman makes a wavy egg crate-like one. REI has 24" blue foam pads.

In GEAR » anyone make a 25" ccf pad in 1/8, 1/4 or 3/8"
January 12, 11:21am

Re: pairing a ridgerest with an inflatable...how do you carry that darned thing??
With a frameless pack it can form a frame by rolling it in a tube and stuffing the rest of your gear inside, "burrito" style and forming a column to transfer the weight to the hip belt. T...

In GEAR » pairing a ridgerest with an inflatable...how do you carry that darned thing??
January 11, 10:11am

Re: Biking in Seattle
I did a 20 mile loop through town yesterday, much of it on bike paths and after sundown and during rush hour. I'm cautious and not very fast and I had no real incidents except for a driver try...

In Chaff » 72 Hours in Seattle
January 10, 9:57pm

SOLD: REI Mistral Soft-Shell Jacket Women's Medium, Cranberry PRICE DROP
Sold Now just $22 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Mistral Soft-Shell Jacket Women's Medium, Cranberry
January 10, 2:43pm

Re: I'm converted to light wieght
If your Sawyeris that slow, it may need backflushing or is just too clogged. chlorine dioxide damages the bugs DNA with oxygen, not chlorine. It is used in many municipal systems. Wait time, tur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
January 10, 12:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.