Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 141 - 150 of 8034 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...804

Forum » Thread

Re: Rain Gear + Insulation Layer advice
Patagonia and Outdoor Research have excellent guarantee policies, so they would be on the top of my list. The manufacturer of your failing jacket might replace it too. On hoods, I would wear yo...

In Gear Lists » Rain Gear + Insulation Layer advice
May 04, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
The Sunday Afternoons Adventure hat? I dont know about "lady like" (they do have bonnet-like features) but they are profoundly ugly and as effective for birth control as they are for UV p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
May 04, 9:59am

Re: what's the deal with upf shirts?
I think the companies listed build the shirt first, then drag the UPF rating in as an added benefit. IMHO, the nylon button down shirts are designed more with durability in mind. All my button down...

In GEAR » what's the deal with upf shirts?
May 04, 9:50am

Re: Down bag for Summer in Olympic National Park?
August is usally warm and dry. The challenge is if you get you down wet in a spate of wet weather, it will stay wet. Think days of drizzle and cold high humidity vs occasional thunder showers you g...

In GEAR » Down bag for Summer in Olympic National Park?
May 03, 10:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
And hang corks from the brim :)

May 03, 6:01pm

Re: Is it possible to paint or dye my nylon sun hat?
"It's solid white and looks too ladylike" Huh? If you are going to be in the sun, white makes a lot of sense. Certainly your masculinity can handle a white hat. It worked for th...

May 03, 1:08pm

Re: Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
Shelters and sleeping pads are common areas of divergence from the more Spartan gear lists. It's all compromise and you either live with the weight of a double wall shelter (for example), or le...

In Gear Lists » Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
May 03, 12:59pm

Re: Best of the chrome dome umbrellas: Golite vs. ?
The Swing Liteflex is the model that is available now and must be the original manufacturer for Golite. You can find them on Amazon and Gossamer Gear is selling them too: http://gossamergear.com/ch...

In GEAR » Best of the chrome dome umbrellas: Golite vs. ?
May 03, 11:42am

Re: Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
I use an iPhone 5 with the Gaia GPS app. It works great, but you do need to download the maps before you get out of cell range. From that point it operates as a stand-alone GPS. It really does ever...

In GEAR » Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
May 01, 11:58pm

DIY Dry Box Ammo Can Waterproof Pannier
I turned a plastic ammo can into a 13.75 liter waterproof pannier. Weighs 2 lbs. More details at my blog: http://dalesjournal.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/ammo-can-dry-box-waterproof-pannier/

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » DIY Dry Box Ammo Can Waterproof Pannier
May 01, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.