Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 141 - 150 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: PNW rain footwear... recommendations, please...
I would take breathable quick drying mesh shoes and spare socks. I have Gore-Tex boots for winter and spring run-off, but they are blister buckets in the summer. It *can* rain like that in July, bu...

In GEAR » PNW rain footwear... recommendations, please...
June 26, 4:23pm

Re: lightweight paracord chair
A fabric chair would be as light or lighter and far more comfortable. I think sitting on the paracord would create some pressure points at the lower back and thighs. I've tried the netting hamm...

In Make Your Own Gear » lightweight paracord chair
June 26, 4:15pm

Re: racks aren't very heavy
For example, a Toba Robin rack with a top deck weighs 28oz and you can buy lighter. If you can mount it just using the center strut, it drops to 23oz. Cost is $50 or better. That allows strapping y...

In GEAR » Lightweight Bike Packs and Resources?
June 26, 4:08pm

Re: Lightweight Bike Packs and Resources?
There is a biking forum here too :) Try searching Wordpress blogs for bikepacking and you'll see lots of entries. Our own Max Dilthey has made many contributions and he speaks UL hiking too...

In GEAR » Lightweight Bike Packs and Resources?
June 26, 3:20pm

Unclaimed PIF Roundup ALL CLAIMED
ALL CLAIMED Here's a roundup of PIF items I have to offer that have not been claimed: CLAIMED by Chris: MSR Dromedary water bag: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackingligh...

In Gear Swap » Unclaimed PIF Roundup
June 26, 11:36am

Re: Which is warmer?
If you are taking a windshirt, then I would take the Power Stretch. The windshirt will add good warmth to the merino top too. Good question on the merino vs the Power Stretch. Factors to consid...

In GEAR » Which is warmer?
June 26, 10:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: They should call this, THE CAFFIN
Here's Roger at the age of 5, terrorizing the streets of Paris aand known to the locals as "Le Démon du Pain".

In GEAR » They should call this, THE CAFFIN
June 26, 9:39am

Re: sandals = blisters? Can't find proper fitting sandals
I just about live in Keen H2's all summer with no problem. I wear them biking too. Yes, I imagine some break-in may be needed, so wear them for short periods until you are comfortable with them...

In GEAR » sandals = blisters? Can't find proper fitting sandals
June 25, 11:32pm

Re: baguette sack
It begs for a Ti wine bottle on the other side and a Swiss Army knife with cheese blade and corkscrew. [music over: Edith Piaf vocal with accordion]

In GEAR » They should call this, THE CAFFIN
June 25, 10:19pm

PIF CLAIMED: Washington State cycling books
Pay it Forward claimed by Terry: three Washington state cycling-oriented books: Washington's Rail Trails, 2nd Ed, 2001, ISBN 0-89886-776-2 Biking Puget Sound, 1st ed, 2007, ISBN 0-89886-943...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Washington State cycling books
June 25, 3:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.