Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 141 - 150 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

food dehydration?
I have been thinking a while about dehydrating my own food, and how to go about doing it. I have zero experience dehydrating food, and don't want to do it wrong for fear of getting spoiled foo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydration?
November 05, 9:49am

Shameless!
Yet another plug for a personal website. This is my new website and I have never put together a site before. It has some links to a few other good websites for backpacking, a blog, and pics of so...

In On the Web » Shameless!
October 31, 9:38am

Silnylon Test?
I've heard of the breathing test and the water test, but I have done both of those and I'm still not sure if the cloth is silnylon or not. Is there any way I can be sure? I got it from th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon Test?
October 31, 9:31am

Good Bag
I used to work in an backpacking shop that sold the pack, and i loved it. It was right around the time that i was getting back into UL and SUL backpacking, and i wish had bought this. I opted for...

In GEAR » Has anyone tried the Mountain Hardware Scrambler Backpack?
October 30, 8:42pm

vaseline cotton balls
been using them for the classic vaseline cotton balls for years. They are the ultimate fire starter. They burn for 3-5 min, and are pretty light (their cotton balls!). The only other fire starte...

In Multiple Use Gear » An old used film cannister
October 30, 8:36pm

Re: how to make homemade handwarmers
smithy, thats what i'm looking for, thanks smithy. Awesome chem lab project too!

In Make Your Own Gear » Home Made Hand/Feet Warmers
October 30, 8:26pm

Re: Hand warmers
Pat, There is actually a hand warmer like what you are talking about getting. It has a built in pocket for a hand warmer. It works awesome, I have one. You can actually find them at a lo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Home Made Hand/Feet Warmers
October 30, 5:36pm

Best Poncho/Shelter Design
I have been looking for a poncho to either make or buy that gives plenty of coverage, is light, and I would also like for it to have room to double as a pack cover (triple as a pack cover if you co...

In Multiple Use Gear » Best Poncho/Shelter Design
October 30, 2:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: HEET and Iso
Sven, I'm still working on it, but I hope to post soon. I have been busy, and wanted to try denatured alcohol ratios also. I also am wanting to buy a thermometer so i can see how hot ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished Stove, but problems.
October 30, 2:40pm

Re: pattern
Thanks David. I have thought of just adding straps to a stuff sack, but I haven't because I thought it wouldn't work. Knowing that you have done it with success, I think I'll try it.

In Make Your Own Gear » looking for simple backpack directions.
October 30, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.