BPL Community Profile

David Noll (dpnoll) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Maroon Bells
About Me I was more of a BWCA guy but am getting into
backpacking because my wife loves it so much and
then we can do more together. On the sunset side
of 60. In 2008 and 2009 I spent more time backpacking than canoeing.
CityLake City
StateMn
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListPatagonia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Noll

Showing 141 - 150 of 358 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...36

Forum » Thread

evernew 600
I've got one but it's with a tri ti sidewinder and inferno.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Evernew UL pot (600mL)
February 12, 6:30pm

Winds
Very few. In fact,I don't think we even used our bug dope. We will be out there again this year around the middle of August except that we are going in on the Meadow Lake TH.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range - 5 days/4 nights
February 11, 1:53pm

Winds
Chris, I haven't been to the Cirque but you can't go wrong with Titcomb Basin. Here is a link to a trip I did there in 2010 with my wife and daughter. http://www.flickr.com/photos/d1948...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range - 5 days/4 nights
February 11, 6:41am

Wind River Range-Boulder Lake TH
My wife and I are planning on going back to the Winds in the middle of August, leaving from the Boulder Lake TH for 7 or 8 days. The plan is to head toward Lake Victor spending a couple of nights t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range-Boulder Lake TH
January 28, 2:55pm

EPL1
John, I picked one up in November and am having a lot of fun with it. This site has a lot of info in setting it up. http://homepages.tig.com.au/~parsog/olyepl1/02-epl1-comments.html I also picked...

In Photography » Olympus E-PL1
January 22, 10:59am

no new gear
Old Proverb= " He who listens to wife has chance to remain a man"

In Philosophy & Technique » No New Gear 2012
January 12, 5:17pm

Boundary Waters
One thing to remember about the BWCA is that if you have to come out to resupply you have to get a new permit.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 09, 6:57am

Winds
You could traverse the Winds north to south and by adding side trips and fishing you could spend your whole vacation there easily esp if you spend time off trail.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Where 2 Go 4 a 2 Week Trip????
January 05, 2:44pm

2 week trip
Wind River Range

In Pre-Trip Planning » Where 2 Go 4 a 2 Week Trip????
January 05, 1:25pm

WM
Duh!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Western Mountaineering Ultralite
December 30, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by David Noll

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa s/m 2008 model
I have used my packa for two years and so far like it better than any other rain gear used. With a pair of chaps the weight is 11 1/2 oz. Last year I only got to use it once but this year it got used ...

In Clothing - Raingear
August 10, 7:35pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I waited a long time for GG to come out with the LT 4 w/ straps and ti was woth the wait. The grips and locking mechanism are outstanding. Both my wife and I used them and were completely happy.

In Trekking Poles
August 09, 4:04pm

ULA Ohm
My wife and I just got back from a 5 day trip in the Maroon Bells where I used the Ohm for the 1st time on a trip. The workmanship is impeccable. Initially I was concerned with the hip belt but after...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 09, 4:00pm

trail designs gram cracker w/ caldera cone and SUL 1100
My wife and I just got back from the Winds. For cooking we used a gram cracker W/ a caldera cone and sul 1100 pot. We only boiled water for FBC and averaged just over 1 1/4 esbit tabs for each mea...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 12:54pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Ether Thermo 6
I bought an ether thermo 6 full length for both my wife and myself this spring. We have both used them for 8 nights so far. We stay warm down to about 35-40 degrees and below that add a GG 1/8"...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 25, 12:45pm

Stephenson 2R
Our Warmlite has the side windows and full zip door. It has done the Winds, BWCA, Isle Royale and the Superior Hiking Trail on weeklong trips and has handled wind, rain, and snow. It weighs 3#60z, set...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 31, 7:21pm

ULA H2O Amigo
Just got back from Isle Royale where you have to filter water because of tapeworms in the inland lakes. The ease of filtering was great. Just hang it in a tree and wait. The fact that it can double ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
August 18, 3:25pm

Inov8 RocLite 315
This was my first trip with light running shoes. I did a 5 day trip on the Minong Trail on Isle Royale starting out with a 29# 7oz load. They handled wet weather, rocky ridges, and the load with no p...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
August 16, 7:51am

Six Moon Designs StarLite
I was finally able to use my Starlite pack this past week on Isle Royale for a 6 day trip. I was traveling with my wife so I was carrying a 29# 7oz load. I loved the way it handled the wgt using a Pr...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 16, 7:43am