BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 141 - 150 of 477 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...48

Forum » Thread

FS MLD tarp, Ptarmigan Bivy, Patagonia Houdini
I'll get out of the way and let Jonathan grab this one... I'm still scratching my head on specs. Thanks! Don Meredith

In Gear Swap » FS MLD tarp, Ptarmigan Bivy, Patagonia Houdini
October 21, 10:38am

FS MLD tarp, Ptarmigan Bivy, Patagonia Houdini
Sent PM on the bivy

In Gear Swap » FS MLD tarp, Ptarmigan Bivy, Patagonia Houdini
October 20, 3:10am

WM Caribou bag quilt alternatives?
You might want to give Javan Dempsey or Tim Marshall on these forums a note to see if you can work something out with him. They both do custom work for great prices and really solid workmanship.

In GEAR » WM Caribou bag quilt alternatives?
October 04, 7:35pm

canister stove options
+1 on the SnowPeak LiteMax I replaced a Pocket Rocket with this one. Both are great stoves but I'd give the nod to the SnowPeak for better stability and control. I've use mine with a Tra...

In GEAR » canister stove options
October 04, 11:07am

Packs similar to the Golite Ion
MLD Burn is a little similar

In GEAR » Packs similar to the Golite Ion?
October 03, 7:04pm

9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
Sounds really interesting. Do you plan on doing any controlled experiments to see if your enhancements make a measurable difference in tension? Very interesting ideas... Don Meredith lightpack....

In Make Your Own Gear » 9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
October 01, 1:41pm

eVENT Quilts
Javan made a summer weight down quilt for me earlier this year. Top notch work and great to work with! Don Meredith

In Gear Deals » eVENT Quilts
September 29, 6:27pm

Golite Ion Large Green
The last one I tracked went in the $85 range. I love the pack but that's a lot for an unmodified Ion.

In Gear Deals » Golite Ion Large Green
September 29, 6:57am

Golite Ion Resource
Yeah, very nice. I'm the same with mine. I did a second round of mods with a newer black Ion and like it a lot more than the original mods on the blue. The main changes were more space in the p...

In GEAR » Golite Ion Resource
September 29, 6:55am

MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
Very very nice.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 27, 6:24am

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am