BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 141 - 150 of 475 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...48

Forum » Thread

WM Caribou bag quilt alternatives?
You might want to give Javan Dempsey or Tim Marshall on these forums a note to see if you can work something out with him. They both do custom work for great prices and really solid workmanship.

In GEAR » WM Caribou bag quilt alternatives?
October 04, 7:35pm

canister stove options
+1 on the SnowPeak LiteMax I replaced a Pocket Rocket with this one. Both are great stoves but I'd give the nod to the SnowPeak for better stability and control. I've use mine with a Tra...

In GEAR » canister stove options
October 04, 11:07am

Packs similar to the Golite Ion
MLD Burn is a little similar

In GEAR » Packs similar to the Golite Ion?
October 03, 7:04pm

9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
Sounds really interesting. Do you plan on doing any controlled experiments to see if your enhancements make a measurable difference in tension? Very interesting ideas... Don Meredith lightpack....

In Make Your Own Gear » 9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
October 01, 1:41pm

eVENT Quilts
Javan made a summer weight down quilt for me earlier this year. Top notch work and great to work with! Don Meredith

In Gear Deals » eVENT Quilts
September 29, 6:27pm

Golite Ion Large Green
The last one I tracked went in the $85 range. I love the pack but that's a lot for an unmodified Ion.

In Gear Deals » Golite Ion Large Green
September 29, 6:57am

Golite Ion Resource
Yeah, very nice. I'm the same with mine. I did a second round of mods with a newer black Ion and like it a lot more than the original mods on the blue. The main changes were more space in the p...

In GEAR » Golite Ion Resource
September 29, 6:55am

MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
Very very nice.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 27, 6:24am

TiGoat Bivy
Is the Ptarmigan still available? I couldn't google-deciper SPF. Thanks! Don Meredith

In Gear Swap » FS: Bivies
September 24, 3:09pm

Local trails
I'm just kicking around local rides for the most part currently (Columbia, SC). I'm scoping out a ride in the upper SC, GA, NC area for a trip sometime later this fall, though. I might just...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
September 23, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am