Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 141 - 150 of 399 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...40

Forum » Thread

external
It's an external frame, not suited to the OP's alpine hiking needs, but there are many who are designing packs that may fit his purpose in the MYOG forum. My pack can handle 100 lbs, but th...

In GEAR » Looking for a good expedition pack
November 29, 4:48pm

not quite
Not quite, but better suited to my needs. My friends call it the "goody bag" :) Not all of us can thrown down $700 on a pack. Enjoy, Dave

November 29, 3:56pm

wow $$$
Seeing the price ranges of the above packs make me glad I made my own. You can get exactly what you want/need if you try a little MYOG. The people on this site are most helpful - give it a shot. ...

November 29, 3:39pm

PM sent
Interested, PM sent Dave P.S. money sent via paypal gift

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Precip Jacket XL Cardinal
November 28, 5:25pm

sl-1 in gear swap
It's all about needs and prefernces. I have used an SL-1 for years. I survived thunderstorms and 8 hrs of driving rain in the White mountains. I have now moved on to tarps. There is one in ...

In GEAR » New Tent Help
November 27, 5:13am

nard allert
The problem with front packs that don’t attach to your shoulder straps is that they migrate down as you walk and "ouch". I have spent the last year looking for a front pack system. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Weight transfer to hips in UL frameless packs and water bottles...
November 25, 6:34am

belt systems
Have you thought about trying a hip-belt system with moveable pouches and water bottle carriers? The military has perfected this, but their stuff is heavy. I'm sure that it would be an easy mod...

In Make Your Own Gear » Weight transfer to hips in UL frameless packs and water bottles...
November 24, 4:56am

glue
Thanks Anthony, you must use glue, not caulk or sealer. It is called GE Silicone II clear premium Glue. upc #0-77027-00280-5. I got it at True Value Hardware $5.99 for 2.8 fl oz. (true value ord...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam Stick on Silnylon?
November 23, 9:00pm

guy points
To get the most versatility, I've added 4 mid-panel guy-outs on a 10 x 10. This way you can pitch the flying diamond with a beak, by using the mid-panel on the diagonal. Of, course, this being ...

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 23, 9:14am

silicone glue
I have tried this with silicone glue and It has worked for one-half season of backpacking. The only sewing was on the guy-out loops. I'll let you know how the tarp fairs under a snow load this ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam Stick on Silnylon?
November 23, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am