BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 141 - 150 of 891 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...90

Forum » Thread

Re: Hygiene
Jim, I'd be interested in reading those studies if you can list them, and where they might be found.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
April 20, 2:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
I was guessing bile duct; that sounds like a terrible ordeal for your friend. I'm glad to hear that things turned out well in the end - whew!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
April 18, 3:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: I probably have Giardia.. and it's no fun :-(
Getting any microorganism in a normally sterile site (blood, bladder, spinal fluid, etc.) is indeed very bad. But the GI tract is not normally sterile; we have a varied population of normal flora,...

April 18, 2:31pm

Re: ostomy
A friend of ours had much of his urinary tract removed due to cancer and had a stoma created which attached to a bag for urine output. His main issue with backpacking ended up being how to have th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking with ostomy issues
April 13, 3:25pm

Re: Re: NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
Roger - two different products. NoSeeUm: 0.96 oz/square yard (or 0.87 oz for lighter version from Quest), doesn't snag NanoSeeUm: 0.7 oz/square yard, snags, makes Kat unhappy! Kat - any ...

In Make Your Own Gear » NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
March 31, 4:46pm

Re: NeoAir Noise
It bothered me in the store, but I have never really noticed it when sleeping. My significant other, on the other hand, did mention the noise of my Xlite (when I was on it).

In GEAR » NeoAir Noise
March 26, 2:33pm

Re: backpacking after abdominal surgery
Hi Kate, Congratulations on the new baby! Enoy the time you have with your family, and (in my opinion) listen to your body and don't push too hard too soon. In May 2006 I had an abdomi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking after abdominal surgery
March 24, 2:39pm

Re: clip-ons
The flip-up clip-ons might indeed work, but then I have to give up any illusion that I look cool in them :) I'll have to check and make sure that they won't scratch the lenses on my glasses.

In Post-Trip Reports » East Bay "non-trip" report
March 22, 11:51am

Re: myog trowel
What kind of drill bit does one need for the holes you drilled? (I only have a set of wood drill bits) Will a normal homeowner's electric drill work? I am tempted to try this.

In GEAR » Potty Trowel.... What?
March 22, 11:48am

Re: My take
"I suspect that those that think sleeping with your food is crazy probably have food smells all over themselves especially if they cook. But they feel better with the food safely tucked away. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
March 22, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm