Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 141 - 150 of 915 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
I don't think you'll regret the extra 3 oz. Having a more substantial hipbelt will also be nice if you're carrying 5L of water!! I was going to say that my choice would have been for ...

In GEAR » 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
May 29, 2:23pm

Re: 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
I have an older 11L size Rush which I love (generously PIF'd to me by Nathan Myerson), but I would think the 10L should have room for what you have listed with a full 3L water bladder - theoret...

In GEAR » 2014 GoLite 10L Rush vs the 14L
May 29, 2:03pm

Re: Tent Floor Material - tyvek?
For my next DIY project, I'm thinking of making a replaceable tyvek bathtub floor. I realize this might not work in really wet conditions, but the rains we encounter are generally not the sort...

In Make Your Own Gear » Optimum Tent Floor Material with or without groundsheet.
May 29, 9:25am

Re: Re: Re: JMT Record Attempts - 2014
"I walked past the Rock Monster twice without see it, while I was looking for it and "going slow"." Well, then I guess I can't give Aaron a hard time about missing it. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT Record Attempts - 2014
May 27, 7:39pm

Re: JMT Record Attempts - 2014
"I love how most people think that you all of a sudden can't see anything while you hike just a little faster." Yeah, but didn't you say last year that you'd done the JMT t...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT Record Attempts - 2014
May 27, 6:50pm

Re: Re: Anyone (else) remember camping in the 1960s?
Oh, yeah. Here's a shot from our trip from CA to YNP in 1959 (the little one is me!). I still vividly remember when we had to toss our food in the garbage because a bear was coming, and I wat...

In On the Web » Anyone (else) remember camping in the 1960s?
May 23, 8:18pm

Re: Peru: Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash Planning
Hi, Matt - It's been a long time since we went (2000, I think!) but I think we stayed at Albergue Churup in Huaraz. I just looked it up on the web and it looks like the remodeling they wer...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Peru: Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash Planning
May 22, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Re: adult diapers
Ha!!! Love the pics!

In GEAR » Trolls?
May 19, 8:36pm

Re: adult diapers
"weight comparison between a pair of adult diapers and a week's worth of TP" Ian, you are planning on wearing the same pair of Depends for a week???!!?? On second thought, don'...

In GEAR » Trolls?
May 19, 2:11pm

Re: DEET
I use Repel with 30% oil of lemon eucalyptus and it has worked for me in heavy Sierra mosquito times... and I am a mosquito magnet, always get more bites than anyone if no repellent is available...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » DEET
May 18, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm