BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 141 - 150 of 755 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...76

Forum » Thread

WTB: used SMD Starlite or Traveler
Anybody have one of these packs, no matter how decrepit, that they'd like to sell? Please let me know if you do!

In Gear Swap » WTB: used SMD Starlite or Traveler
October 12, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Working with Cuben
"stitch length dials vary, depending on the brand" Yeah, apparently! My old Singer uses stitches per inch setting, so I generally use 10-12 for most things, 6 (longest possible) for b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Dog Backpack
October 08, 11:26am

Re: Re: Working with Cuben
jinx

October 08, 11:01am

Re: Working with Cuben
Valerie - how long a stitch length do you use with cuben? What size needle? I may get around to sewing on it someday, and would love to know. I also thought about the fact that it's unbrea...

October 08, 11:00am

Re: Re: Re: Whoa
I have no idea or opinion on what the benefits may/may not be for athletes using compression, but for my elderly father who wore compression stockings when his veins were not returning blood and ly...

In GEAR » Compresion Leg Sleeves... like <> no like ?
October 07, 6:07pm

WTB: used SMD Starlite or Traveler
I would like to buy one of these, ideally with small or medium hip belt with pockets. When we took a trip to Portland this past weekend, I was able to visit the Mountain Shop and try on the Six M...

In Gear Swap » WTB: used SMD Starlite or Traveler
October 06, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Ian - do you have any idea how expensive it would be to feed everyone at the GGG "special" brownies?!?? Besides, I like my chocolate without any nuts or other alternating substances a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
October 05, 5:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Doug - Depending on when you arrive, another potential scenario: If your flight arrives in Oakland before Sharon can get there, I live about fifteen minutes from the airport and could probab...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
October 05, 4:43pm

Re: Solutions
Fred, would you please answer my questions? I am trying to get a sense of what you think here, but all I can tell is that you don't want the ACA in place. Thanks.

In Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
October 05, 8:33am

Re: No insurance.
Still waiting for the answers to my questions. I hear you saying that you don't like the ACA, but I would like to know what you think we should have instead, and what you think should happen...

In Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
October 04, 10:16pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm