BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 141 - 150 of 849 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...85

Forum » Thread

Re: Sourdough on the Trail?
These are all great bread ideas for the trail. But since the OP was asking specifically about sourdough - it occurs to me that perhaps making sourdough flatbread would be the least time consumi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sourdough on the Trail?
February 16, 10:33am

Re: Sourdough on the Trail?
Someone (Laurie March, I think) talks about doing that in one of her cookbooks, raising the dough overnight in the foot of her sleeping bag. Obviously not for bear country! At home, I've do...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sourdough on the Trail?
February 15, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Hand sanitizer. @Gary Dunckel, Everclear.
I thought it was only the higher proof Everclear that wasn't sold in CA; I've purchased the lower proof (151 proof) at BevMo to make limoncello with a number of times.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 15, 3:27pm

Re: Re: lunar duo.
"How is the space for two people?" Well, they advertise that there is room for 4 people to sit up comfortably and play cards, so that should give you some idea...

In GEAR » good, not too expensive, 2 or 3 person tent.
February 14, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Lunar Duo Question
How much do the arch bars weigh?

In GEAR » Lunar Duo Question
February 14, 4:01pm

Re: weight to volume
I'd guess he meant volume (i.e. 3D - headroom, elbow room), not area (sq ft of floor).

In Gear Deals » SMD Valentines Day sale
February 14, 3:01pm

Re: @brian
I'm curious; what exactly do you prefer about the Skyscape as compared to the Lightheart Solo?

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 13, 3:03pm

Re: BPL wedding....
Ooh, absolutely... and it should be minimalist in style, short (so as not to be too heavy), and no extras like lace, perhaps a few tie-out loops for multipurposing, but on second thought that wil...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
February 12, 8:52pm

Re: What do you dehydrate?
Meals, mostly vegetarian as I don't have to worry about spoiled meat if I don't fully dehydrate it, and also since we often hike with friends who are strictly vegetarian. We do batches of ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you dehydrate?
February 12, 5:42pm

Re: sounds like it will work
"Now to convince the wife we need a cuben version..." Simple. You carry the food, she carries the tent. She'll come around :) Of course, this approach has backfired on me (the...

In GEAR » duomid with two people
February 10, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm