BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 141 - 150 of 657 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: SAR
Personal responsibility is important, but bad things do happen to good people. It's easy to point out glaring cases of poor judgement. But is going out in the woods without a map and gets lost ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Alaska search and rescue thin line
October 01, 12:57am

Re: vegan protein powder
I had no idea there were vegan, soy-free protein powders out there. Doug, which do you prefer among those listed?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » vegan protein powder
September 28, 9:39pm

Re: ultralight revolver
With respect to all parties, I believe a distinction be made between "trolling" and posts not pertinent to the OP. Thread drift is a natural byproduct of many discussions. I would suggest...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 25, 2:42am

Re: Seriously?
For what it is worth, a lot of threads drift here on Backpackinglight. I am okay with thread drift, but I understand how the lightweight pistol thread spiraled out of control into decidedly noncons...

In Chaff » Seriously?
September 25, 12:46am

Re: thank you
Thank you all for the discussion and lively debate. I appreciate the plurality of viewpoints and opinions expressed. And while strong disagreements exist, I am glad for the most part we can discuss...

September 23, 10:36pm

Re: Statistics
Miguel, thank you for that clarification. I have read a few theories as to the longevity of the Japanese, one thing that has interested in researches is the wide variety of foods eaten in Japan, sp...

September 23, 10:29pm

Re: statistics
Interestingly, Japan used to be very light in meat consumption on a per capita basis. Since 1961 it's grown six fold - but at it's height, it's still less than HALF the consumption of t...

September 23, 9:54pm

Re: Actually
"Not every thread must devolve into a discussion of ethics and morality. In fact, I would find it quite annoying if asked about recipes for turkey dinner and instead got diatribes about how et...

September 23, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Plant-based diet
Scott, I appreciate your line of questioning and will attempt to address them the best I can below: "Huh? Are you seriously trying to make the argument that it's okay to question someon...

September 23, 6:01pm

Re; Plant-based diet
The preponderance of data supports the notion that a plant-based, whole foods diet is optimal for human health. There is ample evidence that both meat and dairy products contribute to heart disease...

September 23, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.