BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 141 - 150 of 585 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...59

Forum » Thread

trying meals
Sure, Dawn, I'd love to try some. I'm finding that not only do I need to make meals for myself backpacking, but if I'm at a professional conference, life is easier if I take breakfast ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tomatoe-potatoe free
November 15, 8:28pm

Fantastic!
Really good read and lovely pictures. I need to do more multi-day trips!

In Editor's Roundtable » Traversing the Adirondacks by Foot and Packraft
November 13, 5:44pm

wool vs. fleece
Eric, I waited to answer your question, because I had to think about it. On my last outing it was warmer than the conditions stated above, and definitely the chilling was due to sweating and retai...

In GEAR » Grid Fleeces, any major differences between them?
November 12, 11:19am

prices are considerable
It's nice to know that there are jobs being created in Portland. However, it looks to me that his Eyebright Jacket is made out of the same sort of material that Zpacks breathable waterproof ja...

In Philosophy & Technique » NW Alpine: Mountaineering Outerwear Made In Portland
November 11, 11:34am

what about over wool base layer?
I'm looking for ideas on a midlayer for our 40°F, damp climate. I have wool long sleeve tops at 200 g/m2, and a Houdini. At those temps, it's just barely enough when moving, but I feel jus...

In GEAR » Grid Fleeces, any major differences between them?
November 10, 9:35am

video
Here's the video I used to cut a conventional TAR Neoair down. The Xlite should be cuttable, have no idea about the XTherm. video edit: let's try that hyperlink stuff again.

In GEAR » cutting a neoair large, does anyone know if you can cut the new Therm-A-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad or xtherm?
November 06, 3:01pm

If you are not looking for length...
and don't mind spandex, check out www.runningfunky.com. She custom made me a skirt (not skort), that I will wear over tights or running shorts as weather and terrain dictate. My skirt is abov...

In GEAR » Hiking Skirt or Dress suggestions for women?
November 06, 2:52pm

too far away
The trippy thing for me is how far away the rainfall can be to affect you where you are. How the heck do you prepare for that? What do folks that wander canyons regularly do to prevent being caught?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 8:00am

Don't camp in creekbeds
Those of you who hike the Southwest already know this, but coming from the Pacific Northwest, this video was a real eye-opener. flashflood

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 7:48am

Canon Powershot 260
If you like using zoom, I cannot say enough good things about this camera: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Stabilized-Wide-Angle/dp/B0075SUK14 I received it last year for Christ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camera Recommendations
November 05, 2:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am