Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 141 - 150 of 609 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...61

Forum » Thread

roger and mb
Roger, i agree very much that we don't know what is happening during foot swelling, I just reject your notion of bone growth being part of it. It contravenes physiology,and ignores a plethora ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 04, 9:13am

physiological constraints
Actually, Roger, physiology is *very* tightly constrained, because without every system working together properly, you have an unorganized, unregulated organism. When tissues grow abnormally, with...

January 02, 5:40pm

measurements, bone growth, and gigantism
I've been reading this with some interest, as I'd like to do a thru-hike one day, and worry about the toll on my feet. As a disclaimer, I am a medical professional, but I am a veterinari...

January 02, 2:10pm

Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
I just purchased Sarbar's new Trail Cooking: Trail Food Made Gourmet--looks like some good stuff in there! So many choices, and several of her mixes for seasoning, too. Sarah, I was wonderi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarbar's new e-book and substitutions
December 30, 1:29pm

title too vague
Just a thought, titling the thread name with something like: Comparison of beginning backpacking courses? might net more responses. "Newbie question" is so generic, it could be anything...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie question...
December 28, 4:43pm

Don't forget the extra food
Don't forget, the dog may need a little food boost at night before bedtime, if he is fit and has little body fat to keep him warm. Even just a little extra peanut butter wouldn't be a bad ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag for Dog?
December 23, 2:27pm

roll top closure not air tight
So, you folks have me geeking out bringing up this topic. I hike in the PNW, and I've always packed everything in stuff sacks, being more than a little concerned about how dry my stuff stays. ...

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 17, 11:50am

sidecar camping
After seeing how much space the tonneau cover and our riding gear takes up in the trunk, I've resigned myself to not taking much more than we would backpacking. Bill still hasn't given up ...

In Other Activities » sidecar camping
December 10, 3:17pm

what is Barrier Stretch Fabric?
Does anybody know? I got to looking on Pearl Izumi's web-site, because I like the idea of a vest with a mesh back for winter exertion, but I can't quite decide what the fabric is like. I&...

In GEAR » what is Barrier Stretch Fabric?
December 09, 10:22am

carbonized bamboo fiber
I wonder if it is the same as carbonized bamboo, a spinning fiber sold to fiber hobbyists. It is supposed to have anti-odor properties, and be resistant to UV light. It has a hand like silk and i...

In GEAR » bamboo charcoal socks/clothing?
December 08, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am