BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 141 - 150 of 527 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...53

Forum » Thread

Examples of high carbohydrate meal plan for fat loss?
Malto, could you give some examples of what you would eat on a typical hike day? I'm having some trouble visualizing what sorts of snacks would be 1) easy to carry 2) low in fat, high in carbs...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Why do I gain weight after a hike?
July 20, 10:08pm

fingerbrush, yep, it sucks
I'm a veterinarian, and I thought, cool, I'll just bring one home from the office. It was really uncomfortably stiff, and difficult to reach in the back. Now I don't even recommend th...

In GEAR » finger toothbrush
July 13, 4:55pm

Monatauk Gnat
This tiny cannister stove has no piezo. How do you light that sucker? Would that be considered a bad idea, since you have to have an open flame to light it? What's the lightest cannister...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 11, 7:47pm

good feedback
Good to hear from several actual users--particularly the AT experience, that's what I call a real-world test! In comparing the Solo-Plus and the Twin, the minimal weight difference of an oun...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 10, 6:42am

handsfree made at home
Or, has anyone come up with a handsfree method that they like that steadies the GoLite umbrella?

In GEAR » Umbrellas
July 09, 5:43pm

zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
I have searched for zpacks hexamid twin tents, and mostly come up with items on Gear Swap. I have 2 specific questions about either the Hexamid Twin, or the Solo Plus. 1) How easy is entry/exit...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 05, 2:22pm

roclite 286's aren't the same, either
I've worn the Roclite 286 GTX for years, and the newest pair I received I sent back as well. I used to put them on right out of the box, and be able to walk out the door. When I put a new boot...

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
July 01, 9:29pm

numb toes may be muscular
My boyfriend had exactly this thing happen to him--his doctor said "oh, its just the nerve dying" and the podiatrist said he had metatarsitis, and wanted to put an orthotic in his shoe. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Developing foot problems - take care with your footwear
June 26, 12:56pm

How about with boots?
Perfect timing, as I'm feeling the need for light gaiters to keep trail debris out of my boots. Some of the gaiters, like the Dirty Girl gaiters, claim to be designed to only work with shoes, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
June 26, 12:03pm

mirror vs whistle
Terrain might have something to do with the choice. In woods-covered terrain a mirror isn't going to accomplish much, but the whistle will alert ground based SAR. In open country, a mirror mi...

In GEAR » Missing "essential" items: backup light, whistle, and fire starter
June 24, 7:18am

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am