BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 141 - 150 of 578 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...58

Forum » Thread

too far away
The trippy thing for me is how far away the rainfall can be to affect you where you are. How the heck do you prepare for that? What do folks that wander canyons regularly do to prevent being caught?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 8:00am

Don't camp in creekbeds
Those of you who hike the Southwest already know this, but coming from the Pacific Northwest, this video was a real eye-opener. flashflood

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 7:48am

Canon Powershot 260
If you like using zoom, I cannot say enough good things about this camera: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Stabilized-Wide-Angle/dp/B0075SUK14 I received it last year for Christ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camera Recommendations
November 05, 2:42pm

Awesome!
How long do they take to cook, what did you use to flip them with, can they be thinner? Do you think this would work with a ti lid flipped over on a Caldera Cone?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cooking fresh tortillas and pupusas on the trail
November 03, 1:49pm

it's all about the small stuff
I put my first aid kit, headlamp, personal kit, anything small that I don't want to dig for in my pack. Also my wallet, keys, things I may not want but need to be protected. Stuff I want durin...

In GEAR » Pack lids
October 24, 10:08am

Nice shoes
So, are those ultralight high heels? Are they made by Salomon or Inov-8? ;-) edit sp

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
October 17, 7:46pm

cheaper dog booties
A client of mine did a survey of dog booties available in our area, trying to find the best booties that would stay on his old dog's paws and provide traction. He thought the Cabela's dog ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » safe dog
October 16, 3:23pm

size for a 2 man tent
Just saw the video on the Flashlight 2. Like some of the concepts, will be interesting to see how they play out. The size is an issue for me, as someone who regularly hikes with my boyfriend. On...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
October 13, 11:16am

Thanks for the bag suggestions
If Wal-mart carries them, I can get my mitts on them. I try to shop at Wal-mart as little as possible, but I live in the toolies, and Wal-mart may be my closest option, although I'll check at ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you rehydrate in?
September 30, 1:14pm

pint size, hmm
See, I didn't even know they made pint size, those aren't sold in our stores locally, that's why I asked people! Bob, you made my boyfriend shudder with couscous and quinoa. He thin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you rehydrate in?
September 29, 4:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am