Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Derek Cox (derekcox) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Derek Cox has not added a biography yet.
CityDauphin Island
StateAL
CountryUS
My PDF Gear List3 Season UL Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Derek Cox

Showing 141 - 150 of 184 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: photos of gear and setup
cool, patrick. looks like there is plenty of room underneath that tarp, what size is it?

In Gear Lists » photos of gear and setup
May 10, 5:52pm

Re: A few projects I've been working on.
care to share more about the material used to make your tarp? i didnt realize there was anything cheaper, lighter, and better than silnylon???

In Make Your Own Gear » A few projects I've been working on.
May 03, 6:59pm

thanks, I look forward to seeing your setup! (the bottle is plastic ha)

May 01, 5:54pm

thanks a lot! skidsteer is a moderator on the stove-focused backpacking forum bplite.com along with zelph (who i think posts here under the same name but not sure) here is a link to a video of th...

April 29, 9:12pm

Re: Alaska Gearlist
hey kyle, looks pretty good. there's just a few things that seem redundant or i have to comment on. pot, bowl, mug, cleanup container... thats a personal preference of course but are all thre...

In Gear Lists » Alaska Gearlist
April 29, 7:42pm

I have not tested it in bad storms as i usually take a double wall tent when the weather is going to be bad (im a wuss), but in most rain conditions it is not a problem as long as the tarp is pitch...

April 29, 3:46pm

Re: Lightest tarp ?
I have no experience with cuben, personally, but i was under the impression it has very good tensile strength (not sure if thats the right word...can be pulled without tearing...kind of) but can pu...

In GEAR » Lightest tarp ?
April 29, 3:06pm

photos of gear and setup
I wasnt sure where exactly this should go, whether under gear or gear lists since it kind of incorporates both, but i really enjoy looking at pictures of how people use their gear. ex. a loaded p...

April 29, 3:01pm

Re: Sandwiched
im sorry, gail, but i dont understand what the sandwich method you use with your pads has to do with keeping water out of a tent...? you say you dont have to seam seal the tent because of this met...

In GEAR » Sleeping base layer
April 29, 2:04pm

Re: perfect shorts
more along the lines of sticking my hands in, although i don't necessarily think i will do this. i just dont like having the little tiny zip pockets or key holder pouch deals. thanks for all ...

In GEAR » perfect shorts
April 29, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by Derek Cox

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Easy to use. Lighter can be easily fixed if you read the troubleshooting guide. Boils water fast and uses very little fuel. Insulated and takes up relatively little space. on the heavier side, but ...

In Stoves - Canister
February 24, 9:18pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
Had it for a few years now. Never had any problems with leaking or holes. Comfy 1" of padding. Plenty wide and long, but a little on the heavier side.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 24, 9:12pm

MSR Hubba
Outstanding rain protection. Plenty of room to sit up and move around a bit. Full mesh allows you to see the stars clearly on clear nights. Lightweight and perfect for nastier conditions when a tar...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
February 24, 9:07pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
Packs small. Very light. Fits great. Soft material. Keeps me warm down to about 40 degrees over just a t-shirt. Full zip is very handy and pockets are a great touch. Absolutely nothing but good th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
February 24, 8:57pm

Osprey Atmos 50
Like others have said, what really separates this pack from others is the airspeed suspension. This pack molds perfectly to my hips and shoulders since it does not contact my back air can flow freely...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 24, 8:53pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
Much tougher pack for just a few ounces more. Tough Mesh on back and sides is great for holding a myriad of items. Shoulder straps are comfortable and it carries a load very well. Great craftsmansh...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 24, 8:45pm

WalMart
walmart is great for those cheap generic items needed for each trip. i.e. snacks, travel toiletries, odds and ends. who cares where the money goes or how wealthy Walmart is? i get what i need at a g...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 8:10pm