Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradley Danyluk (dasbin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Bradley Danyluk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bradley Danyluk has not added a biography yet.
CityVancouver
StateBC
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradley Danyluk

Showing 141 - 150 of 272 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...28

Forum » Thread

Space blanket
I do feel that a space bivy (not blanket) is important not just if your down bag or shelter gets damaged, but to give you a significant margin of error for weather. It functions effectively as a VB...

In GEAR » First aid and rescue kits - what to leave behind?
January 31, 11:30pm

Options
Just about anything crank-based has its own internal battery that charges while you crank. Eventually that battery will wear out and it'll be useless. Not sure if that's a concern, but you ...

In GEAR » another non-battery powered light source?
January 13, 4:43pm

Yup
Yeah, I won't argue with that at all. I view the benefits of grid-independence as being the main reason to consider solar, not economics. I guess economics are the reason the uptake is so great...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 11, 1:09am

Re: Re: Re: Solar Panels??
\\As you start moving north, the practicality of solar reduces. By Portland, it is marginal. By Seattle, forget it. Strongly disagree. Germany has the highest rate of solar uptake in the world ...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 11, 12:32am

Osmo
I had a 2009 Nano which I had a few problems with and was able to exchange for a 2010 Nano. So I got an opportunity to compare the two variations of Osmo. In cold rainy weither, the Osmo will al...

In GEAR » Nemo Osmo and tenshi
October 28, 11:36am

Hmm
Interesting thoughts, but I suspect the reason lies more in raw materials than anything else. Non-continuous synthetics like Primaloft One have most of the features that cause down to be so insulat...

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 21, 11:04am

Down
Why does down not fit the bill? It's more durable than any of the synthetics if you treat it ok. It takes many (gentle) washings very well. Also, something that will "take you down to 3...

In GEAR » A slightly different insulation?
October 17, 7:42pm

Baffles
Perhaps the down has shifted into adjacent baffles. Not sure if that bag has continuous baffles or not. You can try pushing it into the empty baffles.

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Warranty?
October 10, 9:58pm

one intepretation
Well, typically lower fill-power bags or garments will have more down in them. Although a lower amount of higher fill-power down is capable of lofting up and filling the same space as more lower fi...

In GEAR » Down
October 10, 9:54pm

Just my luck...
Great. I was taking my Goat poles apart to provide a photo of the expander mechanism for this thread, and pulled the lower section out at a slight angle by accident. The expander popped out under s...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
October 05, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradley Danyluk

Bradley Danyluk has posted no reviews.