BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 141 - 150 of 243 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Trekking Pole Science
Whew...all this bruhaha over trekking poles. Reminds me of some of the intense responses I got after I started posting (on another site) about the wonderful ideas I was reading about in this book w...

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Science
June 09, 5:12pm

SnowPeak LiteMax WindScreen
What do you use?

In GEAR » SnowPeak LiteMax WindScreen
June 03, 1:04pm

Sleeping Pads
I switched from a thermarest to the PAC Insulmat when I realized I could be sleeping on 2.5" instead of 1" and still save weight. When it is cold I use a BA insulated mat because it is de...

In GEAR » Most comfortable sleeping pad
May 24, 11:04am

PANTS
I like the Gramicci G pants..the quick dry Nylon version..I need to put those on the scale...they are much lighter than the cotton version.

In GEAR » PANTS??
May 21, 1:02pm

Free Gear to good home
Frank.. I tried out several things before I found out what gear works best for me. As an ex girlscout and explorer scout I would love to donate my extra gear to your cause. If you are interested pl...

In Editor's Roundtable » The 45-Year-Old Boy Scout
May 13, 6:20am

towell
I read on someone's gear list that they use a Sham Wow for a towell. Anyone knows what those weigh? I bought a box but cannot find my scale :O

In Gear Lists » Gettin close!
May 06, 10:22am

Staying Warm
I had the same problem until I started using a Big Agnes Insulated Mattress. 21 oz is worth it to me to sleep warm. They have twice the warmth rating of a thermarest even though they weigh less tha...

In GEAR » Staying Warm
May 05, 2:13pm

Mine is in the mail
I got lucky and found one Monday...should be here next week. I think I have forgotten every thing I know about about cooking over small wood fires which is what you did in the seventies..either tha...

In GEAR » This Baby Burns!
March 25, 7:05pm

Advice
My advice to you for your first trip... Keep it short and simple with an easy bail out if things go south and you may gain a great hiking partner for life. Make it steep and deep and she may never ...

In GEAR » Advice on some gear for my wife
March 23, 2:04pm

The Big Four for cold sleepers
I am a female and have always slept cold no matter what condition I was in. What works for me is the Big Agnes Insul Mat. I started with a POE Insul Mat and have tried the Neo Air but The Big Agnes...

In GEAR » The Big Four for cold sleepers
March 16, 2:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am