Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 141 - 150 of 261 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: no new gear
Well somebody has to keep the cottage industry afloat. Since I haven't purchased any new gear in the last 3 years, I'm going to make up for it this year. More cuben, more carbon fiber, n...

In Philosophy & Technique » No New Gear 2012
January 13, 7:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: .308 rifles
The black powder rifles are fun too. Noisy, flames, smoke, recoil, big holes in the hats and bandannas they shoot at. Teenage boys generally dig that kind of stuff. :) The BSA does tak...

In Philmont » Which Camps/Programs did you enjoy the most?
January 12, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Which Camps/Programs did you enjoy the most?
Manfred's comments reminded me that the side hike up Trail Peak to see the plane wreck remains was also one of the favorites. That's something they don't see very often.

January 12, 6:30am

Re: Re: Stoves at Philmont
We have used canister and liquid fuel stoves at Philmont but never a multi-fuel stove. But I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Our guys much preferred the Windpro over the liquid fu...

In Philmont » Stoves at Philmont
January 11, 9:12pm

Re: Which Camps/Programs did you enjoy the most?
You are right, it's completely subjective, but here is what the boys liked on their 2008 trek: Shotgun shell loading and shotgun shooting Mine tour and gold panning (Cyphers Mine) Black po...

January 11, 6:35pm

Re: Made it! (Hike Update)
Jeff, Dang, I think that's pretty impressive for your first time out, especially with that elevation change! Are you hooked yet? :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 1:10pm

Re: FS: McHale Packs
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: McHale Packs
January 10, 12:13pm

Re: packing
Our troop does it very similar to Martin's. We have 1 troop backpacking trip per year, but it is a scaled down version due to age and scout gear limitations. We set up the normal camp, hike ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How often backpacking?
January 10, 6:40am

Re: Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
Looks like a lot of work went into that. Nicely done. If you edit it further, it would be nice to include more pictures. Seems like the Scouts always respond well to photos, especially if they a...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 09, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
I'm interested to hear his report also. I've never been hiking in that area, but have read some PCT trip reports and some of the trail around that area sounds pretty steep with some signifi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 09, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm