BPL Community Profile

Daniel Goldenberg (dag4643) - BPL Guest

My Locale Pacific Northwet
About Me Daniel Goldenberg has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 141 - 150 of 889 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: New Rucksack design! Just finished!
Love the yellow interior. I've got some bags (not backpacks) with yellow interior and it's nice because it's light and makes it easy to find stuff inside.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Rucksack design! Just finished!
May 23, 7:49am

Re: Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
My size regular Bristlecone fits a full length 2.5 inch exped mat and WM Versalight (6 inch total loft) with room to spare, even in a side sleeping position.

In GEAR » Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
May 22, 1:34pm

Re: I just ate..
Grilled liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti.

In Chaff » I just ate.....
May 20, 8:46am

Re: WTB: GoLite Shangri La 5,6 or 8
MLD makes a circus tent that appears to be sized in between Shangri la 6 and 8 and is the same or similar design. http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=47&produc...

In Gear Swap » WTB: GoLite Shangri La 5,6 or 8
May 15, 2:50pm

Re: Re: Alcohol stove backup
As a backup you can pour alcohol directly into the firepan of the BCB and then partially cover the intake hole of the firepan (a strip of aluminum foil works good) to slow the burn rate. I've f...

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
May 14, 10:01am

Re: BCB
I've used a kelly kettle for about 5 years now so have some experience with it. I found the backcountry boiler to work even better than the kelly kettle, which surprised me because it has a muc...

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler v.s. Bush Buddy Ultra
May 13, 8:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Backcountry Boiler v.s. Bush Buddy Ultra
Bushbuddy does not do too well in the wind (just like alcohol or even canister stoves) without some wind protection. In bad weather you might have wind plus poor/wet fuel, and all of that combined ...

May 13, 11:59am

Re: Re: Backcountry Boiler v.s. Bush Buddy Ultra
LOL! New Dating classifieds acronym: looking for single BBU

May 13, 10:14am

Re: Backcountry Boiler v.s. Bush Buddy Ultra
I own both. You will get DRAMATICALLY better results in poor and especially windy weather with the backcountry boiler. A bit easier to use also with poor (wet) fuel sources. They don't call ...

May 13, 9:24am

Re: Looking for aluminum pot
http://www.bensbackwoods.com/servlet/Detail?no=687 1- 1.3 liters - check integrated handle - check lid - check pour spout - check aluminum - check (Includes a bail kit you can install if ...

In GEAR » Looking for aluminum pot
May 09, 1:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Outdoor Gear (UK) Various
In Great Britain. Excellent selection of goods. This review is written from the perspective of somebody living in the USA. While a majority of the products will be available in the USA, there are many...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 26, 7:17pm

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent
This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a st...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 9:29am

Backcountry.com
I've ordered many times from backcountry.com, and a few times from their outlet (steepandcheap.com) and had great service. The shipping is super fast. On a Wednesday night I placed an order, Thurs...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 18, 8:11am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
This is a real nice shirt for hot weather. I also own the eco mesh shirt and I like this one better since you can roll up the sleeves better. There are a few things I don't like however: 1. ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 09, 11:17am

Zeiss Mini Quick
A 5x10 monocular. 0.7 oz. The size of a large pen. Clips to your shirt pocket. A pair of binoculars would be nice to have but the lightest pairs are about 1/2 lb, so a bit of a luxury for the ultralig...

In Miscellaneous Products
November 04, 9:35pm

Java Juice Coffee Extract
This stuff is really great! I'm primarily an espresso drinker and don't like most drip coffee. This stuff to me tastes better than drip coffee, even that made from good fresh beans. Up till now I've b...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 22, 6:55pm

GU Energy Gel
This stuff actually works great. Unlike energy bars, these are easily and quickly digested and give you a pretty quick energy boost. They are just the thing to get you going when the energy is getting...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
August 09, 9:10pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This latest version is just awsome, it puts out a lot of light for it's size. The light currently seems to be packaged with the optional clip (a $4.95 value). The clip really is a de-rigour item. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 09, 8:58pm

Smartwool Microweight Fitted T
I've long been a fan of wool for cooler weather but this is the first wool garment I've been able to wear in really hot weather. Well made with a good fit. breathes well. I honestly can't think of ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
August 09, 9:20am

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks
These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men's toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 04, 9:03am