Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 141 - 150 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Bag v Quilt
Good Thread. I used my two light weight sleeping bags as a quilt before I even found this sight or heard of quilts. I am 6'2" and 250 lbs. I tried a few different quilts I borrowed from...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 06, 11:54am

RE: "Fire in lieu of sleeping gear?"
The most successful trips I had were all about the campcraft and just day hiking from a central point. It is more of a survival technique. It is a lot of fun but if you don't have hard wood v...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fire in lieu of sleeping gear?
June 26, 8:48pm

RE: Converting to lightweight and looking for suggestions
I would suggest using the GoLite Pinnacle over the Jam to start as a pack. I made the same conversion over the last two or three years and have both packs. It takes a while to make up your mind o...

In Gear Lists » Converting to lightweight and looking for suggestions
June 26, 8:39pm

RE: Pants - recommend
I am on a Cabela's kick tonight, I guess. The chaps are a good idea and they either come with a belt or you add your own. I will leave it to you for the research. There are always ripstop ...

In GEAR » Pants - recommend
June 24, 8:52pm

RE: help sizing for tall/skinny people
I am 6'2" but a size 2XL... That could be a nice way to put it. I have a large size torso and have many of the same problems. For pants (not rain) you should try ExOfficio. They have...

In GEAR » help sizing for tall/skinny people
June 24, 8:47pm

RE: Outdoor Research DryComp Summit Sack SPOTLITE REVIEW
It seems to be that for the price this is a great pack. Though, I still wish Golite made the Breeze. That had the outside mesh pocket. I only got a medium and my 9 year old loves it. Especially...

In Editor's Roundtable » Outdoor Research DryComp Summit Sack SPOTLITE REVIEW
June 24, 8:37pm

RE: "Measuring cup/mug"
The Snow Peak Titanium mug I have has markings, I think it is called the 700. But I used a scribe and tape to mark 1 and 2 cups in my other pots and mugs. The tape was a pain to get to stick on t...

In GEAR » Measuring cup/mug
June 13, 2:55pm

Suggestion for Family & Kids Forum
This would be great! I was camping/backpacking with my 5 year old daughter (I have 4 kids) this weekend and ran into another Boy Scout Troop with a bunch of younger Scouts and parents. I ended up...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Suggestion for Family & Kids Forum
June 10, 11:06pm

RE: Hiking/Trekking Pants
Exofficio. The Amphib! I have had the regular pants for about 6 years and wear them 1-3 days a week. I just bought my second pair, the zip offs. I took them both to South America for work and a...

In GEAR » Hiking/Trekking Pants
June 10, 10:57pm

"The Carbon Flame War"
George - It is funny. My dad and I had the same conversation only a few months ago about the concerns in the early to mid 70s. He compared them to now, also. College, war, and family. He thinks...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 26, 2:44am

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am