BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 141 - 150 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Working with spacer mesh
I am making a pattern currently for a new backpack and plan to add in a removable wrap-around waistbelt. I want it to use 3D spacer mesh, but I have never used this before. The plan is to use t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working with spacer mesh
November 30, 2:07pm

Murmur 2012
That looks pretty exciting. My pack I made and use right now is modeled after the murmur. I agree, the new top closure looks like it will be very helpful.

In GEAR » Murmur 2012 get DXG treatment
November 30, 12:34pm

Henley Pack
You could make Mark Henley's pack. It took exactly 1 sq/yd of fabric. I made this as my first pack. I made a new one very quickly after and changed a lot, but you could use it as a guideline fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to do with 1 yd of silnylon?
November 30, 6:41am

Re: No-Sew Cuben and Climasheild Apex Comforter for 2 people
I have no experience working with cuben, so someone may know better than me, but I think having it be completely no-sew will be a possible problem. Even though synthetic insulation needs less loft ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbie question (possibly dumb!) - No-Sew Cuben and Climasheild Apex Comforter for 2 people.
November 29, 10:49am

Lytw8 bivy
Jamie Shortt's bivy pattern has worked well for lots of people. There is a link on his site to the pretty long thread here about it too. I'm not sure how long you are looking for, but a few...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy patterns?
November 25, 7:45am

How it did
Thanks for all the support. I'm really hoping this guide will be able to help people like a bunch of the guides that I have found on so many other things. For anyone trying the guide, please fe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Guide
November 23, 9:46am

Re: What pack features do you like?
Sorry about that. This hypothetical pack DOESN'T need to be SUL. I'm sure some of that info I posted seemed a bit contradictory to saying it should be SUL. Yeah, I am trying to get away...

In GEAR » What pack features do you like?
November 20, 6:16pm

Re: Post something SMALL that works for you.
For me, the derma-safe knife that BPL used to sell is a fantastic little tool. I used to carry around an overweight pocket knife. Then I got this trinket and realized how rarely I need a knife at a...

In GEAR » Post something SMALL that works for you. Mine: a pen
November 20, 4:02pm

What pack features do you like?
I made a SUL pack very similar to the Murmur about five months ago. Because of some design flaws and rough use, it is time for a new pack. I have some ideas on how I want to make it, but I feel lik...

In GEAR » What pack features do you like?
November 20, 3:58pm

Re: Wearable quilts
I had a synthetic wearable quilt that I made out of 2.5oz Apex. During the summer and going a bit into a bit cooler weather in the SE, it is all the insulation I would take. I don't know how we...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wearable quilts
November 20, 9:29am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.