November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 141 - 150 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

I made my buddy a hammock a while back using this has a guide I ended up not using a lot of the thoughts he put forth, but the instruct...

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbi on board, looking for a few helpful tips.
December 01, 6:54pm

Working with spacer mesh
I am making a pattern currently for a new backpack and plan to add in a removable wrap-around waistbelt. I want it to use 3D spacer mesh, but I have never used this before. The plan is to use t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working with spacer mesh
November 30, 2:07pm

Murmur 2012
That looks pretty exciting. My pack I made and use right now is modeled after the murmur. I agree, the new top closure looks like it will be very helpful.

In GEAR » Murmur 2012 get DXG treatment
November 30, 12:34pm

Henley Pack
You could make Mark Henley's pack. It took exactly 1 sq/yd of fabric. I made this as my first pack. I made a new one very quickly after and changed a lot, but you could use it as a guideline fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to do with 1 yd of silnylon?
November 30, 6:41am

Re: No-Sew Cuben and Climasheild Apex Comforter for 2 people
I have no experience working with cuben, so someone may know better than me, but I think having it be completely no-sew will be a possible problem. Even though synthetic insulation needs less loft ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbie question (possibly dumb!) - No-Sew Cuben and Climasheild Apex Comforter for 2 people.
November 29, 10:49am

Lytw8 bivy
Jamie Shortt's bivy pattern has worked well for lots of people. There is a link on his site to the pretty long thread here about it too. I'm not sure how long you are looking for, but a few...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy patterns?
November 25, 7:45am

How it did
Thanks for all the support. I'm really hoping this guide will be able to help people like a bunch of the guides that I have found on so many other things. For anyone trying the guide, please fe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Guide
November 23, 9:46am

Re: What pack features do you like?
Sorry about that. This hypothetical pack DOESN'T need to be SUL. I'm sure some of that info I posted seemed a bit contradictory to saying it should be SUL. Yeah, I am trying to get away...

In GEAR » What pack features do you like?
November 20, 6:16pm

Re: Post something SMALL that works for you.
For me, the derma-safe knife that BPL used to sell is a fantastic little tool. I used to carry around an overweight pocket knife. Then I got this trinket and realized how rarely I need a knife at a...

In GEAR » Post something SMALL that works for you. Mine: a pen
November 20, 4:02pm

What pack features do you like?
I made a SUL pack very similar to the Murmur about five months ago. Because of some design flaws and rough use, it is time for a new pack. I have some ideas on how I want to make it, but I feel lik...

In GEAR » What pack features do you like?
November 20, 3:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.