Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 141 - 150 of 312 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: ultralite trekking poles
Thanks and you are right!

In Gear Swap » WTB: ultralite trekking poles
July 07, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB: ultralite trekking poles
Take a look at this review, especially the photo with Doug bending the poles: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/gossamer_gear_lightrek_trekking_poles_review.html

July 06, 1:04pm

Re: I want to buy a torso sleeping pad
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/pacific_outdoor_equipment_uber_lite_pad_spotlite_review.html This pad is for sale cheap. I don't like it - but you might.

In Gear Swap » I want to buy a torso sleeping pad
July 06, 9:40am

Re: WTB: ultralite trekking poles
I have a set of the original Gossamer Gear poles. Very bendy. Length about 123 cm. I ordered 120 cm length but they are a bit longer than that. I used them exclusively (and liked them) until I got ...

July 06, 9:28am

Re: Re: 50L holds ULA Amp pack
Less aggressive waters - a reservoir. I fed the strap/line through the tabs at the bottom of the dry bag and through/around the roll top for three points of security. The dry bag stayed in place th...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
June 18, 9:19pm

50L holds ULA Amp pack
FYI, the 50 L dry sack holds a fully stuffed ULA Amp pack (2600 ci) very nicely (and the whole thing can be lashed to the bow of an Alpacka raft). For those overnight packraft trips where you don&#...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
June 17, 10:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Swap Firelite 500 pot for SUL-500 pot
Peter, Do you have a handle-less one to swap?

In Gear Swap » Swap Firelite 500 pot for SUL-500 pot
June 13, 2:48pm

Gear list
Matt is submitting a gear list and trip report for publishing.

In Editor's Roundtable » Doing Denali Light
June 13, 2:46pm

2nd Denali interview
I interviewed Matt and Agnes post trip on Friday night. We'll hopefully have it ready to publish this Tuesday.

June 10, 10:42pm

Too Light
Hi Robert, That is on my list of questions for the podcast.

June 05, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am