November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 141 - 150 of 377 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...38

Forum » Thread

Gearl List for Tahoe
Ok: So why do you have both a ccf pad and a siting pad? Why not just use the ridgeline as a sitting pad? Or don't use a pad to sit on. Instead of using an 8 oz nalgene water bottle for yo...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Tahoe
July 18, 9:30am

Re: SUL/XUL Trip Report
I really liked your writing. One of my favorite lines was something to the effect of "no reason you can't have a fun cup". Really brought the whole thing down to earth.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL/XUL Trip Report
July 17, 11:18pm

Re: Hello Everybody
Welcome to the campfire! Pull up a stump!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hello everybody :)
July 17, 6:06pm

Re: Stitching...
True Story.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Stitching...
July 16, 8:19pm

Re: PLatypus - Alcohol Fuel
They have been used, and were apparently very popular with the Lil' nipper version (no longer made). The one thing with the push/pull cap is that alcohol will tend to dribble, not squirt. A goo...

In GEAR » Platypus - Alcohol Fuel
July 16, 8:11pm

As I was cutting the straps on my GG mariposa Plus the other day I realized something. There is a bartack that keeps the straps folded over so that they won't come through the buckle. I think t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Stitching...
July 16, 6:28pm

Re: Alternative fuels to alcohol in alcohol stoves
You could compile a list of easily available fuels with a higher energy density then the traditionally available alcohol and test them all out in a controlled environment. Oh yeah, take videos...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alternative fuels to alcohol in alcohol stoves
July 15, 10:40pm

Re: First SUL Backpacking Trip
Jon, you are correct, maybe dipping into the 40s. The quilt was actually too warm, I ended up flipping it off of my torso and having it cover my legs while I wore my flash jacket (too cold witho...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » First SUL Backpacking Trip!
July 15, 9:27pm

Re: More Confusing Arbitraryness
I think another way of dealing with this, in another arbitrary way is to, after SUL have a new catagory by the pound. Thus: Under five pounds would be SUL Under four pounds would be √úL (uberli...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » XUL Definitions
July 15, 9:21pm

Re: First SUL Backpacking Trip
Fixed that. Thanks gentlemen, I'm still working out the kinks. -Jace

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » First SUL Backpacking Trip!
July 15, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm