Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
CityOceanside
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacemullen.com
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 141 - 150 of 377 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...38

Forum » Thread

Gearl List for Tahoe
Ok: So why do you have both a ccf pad and a siting pad? Why not just use the ridgeline as a sitting pad? Or don't use a pad to sit on. Instead of using an 8 oz nalgene water bottle for yo...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Tahoe
July 18, 9:30am

Re: SUL/XUL Trip Report
I really liked your writing. One of my favorite lines was something to the effect of "no reason you can't have a fun cup". Really brought the whole thing down to earth.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL/XUL Trip Report
July 17, 11:18pm

Re: Hello Everybody
Welcome to the campfire! Pull up a stump!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hello everybody :)
July 17, 6:06pm

Re: Stitching...
True Story.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Stitching...
July 16, 8:19pm

Re: PLatypus - Alcohol Fuel
They have been used, and were apparently very popular with the Lil' nipper version (no longer made). The one thing with the push/pull cap is that alcohol will tend to dribble, not squirt. A goo...

In GEAR » Platypus - Alcohol Fuel
July 16, 8:11pm

Stitching...
As I was cutting the straps on my GG mariposa Plus the other day I realized something. There is a bartack that keeps the straps folded over so that they won't come through the buckle. I think t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Stitching...
July 16, 6:28pm

Re: Alternative fuels to alcohol in alcohol stoves
You could compile a list of easily available fuels with a higher energy density then the traditionally available alcohol and test them all out in a controlled environment. Oh yeah, take videos...

In Make Your Own Gear » Alternative fuels to alcohol in alcohol stoves
July 15, 10:40pm

Re: First SUL Backpacking Trip
Jon, you are correct, maybe dipping into the 40s. The quilt was actually too warm, I ended up flipping it off of my torso and having it cover my legs while I wore my flash jacket (too cold witho...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » First SUL Backpacking Trip!
July 15, 9:27pm

Re: More Confusing Arbitraryness
I think another way of dealing with this, in another arbitrary way is to, after SUL have a new catagory by the pound. Thus: Under five pounds would be SUL Under four pounds would be √úL (uberli...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » XUL Definitions
July 15, 9:21pm

Re: First SUL Backpacking Trip
Fixed that. Thanks gentlemen, I'm still working out the kinks. -Jace

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » First SUL Backpacking Trip!
July 15, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm