Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad Miller (chadnsc) - BPL Guest

My Locale Duluth, Minnesota
About Me Backpacking and climbing throughout the year, I love to be outdoors in virtually any active form.
CityDuluth
StateDuluth
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Miller

Showing 141 - 150 of 805 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: A former member
I agree with Greg. In fact I wouldn't have a membership except some kind soul 'gifted' it to me. A very kind gesture and I will try and make full use of it but I really don't thin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Pumping, not burning water.
David I have to ask: Have you ever been winter backpacking and used your 'setup' for getting water? If so what distances where you hiking each day, and how long where you out for?

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 16, 1:38pm

Re: Peeing while snow camping
Way simpler solution to peeing James. 1. Use pee bottle (.5 ounce weight). Done.

December 16, 10:23am

Re: Re: Lightweight Backpacking Discussion = "Geese Treatment"
The mods did move it so . . .

In Chaff » The Lowdown on Down: An Update
December 16, 7:46am

Re: "Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only"
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 7:44am

Re: pads
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up David! All I can say is BRRRRRRR! That pad combination wouldn't work for me but then again I probably weigh a good deal more than you and compress my sleepi...

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
December 16, 7:26am

Re: How many miles / day would you average in these conditions...
Well for me I move around this fast when out in the snow. Keep in mind I'm using 30" snowshoes and have trekking poles with snow baskets on them. Breaking trail through snow deeper tha...

In Winter Hiking » How many miles / day would you average in these conditions...
December 16, 7:24am

Chop or melt?
Yeah, as someone who does a decent amount of winter backpack I'd rather carry the extra 5-6 oz. of fuel a day to melt water rather than 8-12 pounds of ax and prybar to hack through the ice. ;)

December 16, 7:14am

Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
I agree with the OP.

December 16, 7:10am

Re: 1" closed cell foam
What temperatures where you using two 1" closed cell foam pads? Also the type of pads you're using can have a big effect on the R-value. Standard blue closed cell foam pads have an...

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
December 14, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Miller

Chad Miller has posted no reviews.