BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 141 - 150 of 432 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: Ascensionist fabric and Dryskin
My recollection of the Ascensionist (and ReadyMix before it) is that the fabric is very tightly woven; much more so that Dryskin. It's also thinner, with a much lighter 'fluff' on the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Patagonia Ascensionist-esque fabric?
December 20, 6:14am

re: testing air permeability
I prefer to blow through fabrics to test their permeabilities. This is because I can detect the warm breath passing through the fabric with my hand, whereas, if I suck, I don't know whether ai...

In Make Your Own Gear » Clothing Material Advice.
December 20, 6:09am

re: lawyers
> But still, lawyers! There probably wasn't a warning sticker on the stove saying "do not kick the stove around a hut and then try to light it", so, had anything gone seriously...

In Make Your Own Gear » EPIC for a Breathable Shelter
December 19, 12:03pm

re EPIC treatment
> Hum ... does the Teflon coating around the fibres in EPIC confer a similar resistance? Isn't EPIC a silicone encapsulation process, rather than PTFE? [Tries to find information on Ne...

In Make Your Own Gear » EPIC for a Breathable Shelter
December 19, 11:59am

re: Conic Walled Template
sent :-) Oh, and another thought occurred to me about your first burner; it may be that the vapour simply isn't meeting the inner flame and igniting. Try wafting the flame about gently afte...

In Make Your Own Gear » A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
December 15, 11:25am

re: blog post
> but I mentioned you in the acknowledgements in my latest blog post. That's very kind, Jim, but I'm afraid I don't have time to read blogs; it's hard enough keeping up with t...

In Make Your Own Gear » A simple alcohol stove more fuel effecient than the Jim Wood Super Cat?
December 14, 11:06am

Re: Pleated Conical Alky
> Yes, my jets all bloom nicely. I suspect an ill-fitting inner wall. Jim, my apologies for the terse comment last night; I was being thrown out of the building... Since these burners are...

December 13, 11:03am

re: blooming jets...
Yes, my jets all bloom nicely. I suspect an ill-fitting inner wall.

December 12, 12:19pm

re: down proof fabric
Many years ago, I bought some Thinsulate Liteloft 110 to make some insulated salopette liners. When it arrived, I opened the bag up, and revelled in the lovely soft warmth... So much so that I st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Does Primaloft/Climashield/etc. need "down proof" fabric?
December 12, 11:15am

re: Re: Re: re: stoves & things
James wrote: 'My apologies to all.' No apology needed, James. I know I can sometimes sound a bit severe, but it's just my rather dry posting manner*, and I don't mean to be accu...

December 05, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.