BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 141 - 150 of 280 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Fancee Feest is somewhere
I see 4 support wires and the little ball, so maybe 6 inches or so of wire. It probably contains somewhere around $10-30 worth of platinum wire. I question whether I fully understand how the cata...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
January 25, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Can we make one today?
Zelph, Was it able to directly light your fancy feast stove? I don't see why it shouldn't be able to. Also, do you think you could take a close up photo of the catalyst? I am trying...

January 25, 9:28am

Can we make one today?
Does anyone know how these things work? The best I could find on the web was this page: http://www.toledo-bend.com/VCL/articles/index.asp?request=catalytic It appears that platinum reacts wi...

January 24, 6:17pm

feedsacks
Feedsacks are another option: http://www.backpacking.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=154834#Post154834

In Make Your Own Gear » Big blue ikea bag pack
January 22, 6:12pm

Re: Modified Titanium Pot
wow... really impressive project. After the amount of effort you went through to glue that thing on, I think I would have went down to a weld shop and had them spot weld it on for $20 or so. I w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Titanium Pot
January 08, 1:44pm

Re: Unavailable
yeah... I can't seem to find it anywhere. Probably a liability issue :(

In GEAR » Coleman 1Lb Propane tank to Primus Omnilite adapter
December 28, 11:47am

Re: OPsak's
Not sure this is the right thread for this discussion, but.... I agree trying to eliminate all smells is a fools errand, but scavengers gather a lot of information with there noses. When a bear s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
December 13, 9:14am

ohhhh... rust not roast
Darn I thought this would be a thread on cooking pot roast in your snow peak. I guess that explains why this thread isn't in the food section. Anyway, I agree with above, it is oxidation wh...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Pot Rust
November 28, 12:57pm

Re: To each his own
Yeah, certainly growing up, my father always told me that a knife was the most important tool when you were out in the woods. The more I get into the BPL mindset the more I challenge those built-i...

In GEAR » 1.5" Knife: 35 grams, $0.95
October 19, 5:10pm

Re: Re: 1.5" Knife: 35 grams, $0.95
That pretty much parallels my thoughts on it Newton. Plus I had a good time leading on my wife with it. I got home showed my wife and said I made a splurge purchase. She said she didn't ca...

In GEAR » 1.5" Knife: 35 grams, $0.95
October 18, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.