BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 141 - 150 of 311 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guys any progress?
If I understand is correctly it is the same reaction. The platinum acts as an intermediary step and remains unchanged at the completion of the reaction. Platinum will catalyze most any alcohol. ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
March 29, 4:43pm

knock-off backcountry boiler
My first thought was it is a backcountry boiler somewhere from there evolution, but it doesn't seem to match up: http://www.theboilerwerks.com/about/ My guess is it is a one-off knock-off...

In GEAR » UFK: unidentified fire kettle
March 27, 3:37pm

Re: Guys any progress?
I finally got around to doing some more tests last night. I tried the 0.001" stuff and got nothing :( Man that 0.001" stuff is thin. I have pretty good near-sight but I have a real h...

March 25, 11:59am

Re: Re: Re: More wire on the way
http://www.omega.com/pptst/SPPL.html SPPL is there pure platinum thermocouple wire. The 0.001" stuff is Omega part number: SPPL-001. It cost $2/inch and shipping is $8 for me. I just ord...

March 14, 2:31pm

Re: Minimal food
I haven't taken it that far, but this realization helped me unload "emergency food" from my pack. I still want to eat well when I am out there, but I am no longer worried that I will...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Minimal food
March 14, 2:18pm

Re: More wire on the way
Greg, You should have told me you were going to order 0.003, I would have sent you some of mine. You can get 0.001 from Omega. -Ben

March 13, 9:37am

Are you in the UK?
http://www.zappos.com/inov-8-roclite-295-grey-lime

In GEAR » Help please trail runners
March 12, 2:49pm

Re: Sleeping Bags: Fill weight, cut, thermal efficiency
Well, I think either temperature rating would work (depending on how cold of a sleeper you are). The question you need to answer is how often are you going to need/want the extra 10°F temperature...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags: Fill weight, cut, thermal efficiency
March 12, 2:45pm

Re: The experiment with flask
"...I'm still curious if I will be able to make lighter with battery: just preheat the wire with electrical current while in methanol vapors...." RC Airplane glow plugs would be pe...

March 11, 4:08pm

nice!!
Thanks Dan! looks good. It sounds like you had to play around a bit to get a stove configuration that lit easily. Is that correct? My own project has been at a standstill since I have been ...

March 07, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.