BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 141 - 150 of 319 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
Nice I am glad you like your purchase. It sounds like you bought this over what you thought was an equivalent WM bag, but this bag ended up having a bit less down. Is that correct? What unethi...

In GEAR » First impressions: Tundra ethical sleeping bag model Pure-0
April 16, 11:12am

Re: Reinventing the Ti pot
if this does anything, you would probably get more of that benefit by using an aluminum pot with a rolled texture finish... and it would be much cheaper without much of a weight penalty

In GEAR » Reinventing the Ti pot
April 15, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guys any progress?
I've been traveling and been otherwise pretty busy with work, but I have been playing around with that lighter you sent. Once again, thanks! The more I play around with the lighter, the mor...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
April 15, 2:23pm

Re: Sleeping system kid < 1 year
I am pretty leery of having young kids in there own sleeping bags in cold weather. Babies are not good at regulating temperature and kick and squirm when they sleep. When we camp with our kids (c...

In GEAR » Sleeping system kid < 1 year
April 15, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Real World User
They definitely got a well deserved crappy welcome around here because of their deceptive advertising and unwillingness to admit the error. But... by my adding skills, even with the metal cap, it ...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
April 04, 5:33pm

Re: Real World User
Has no one around here tried a Lighter1? It reports to be the same weight and size as a bareboxer and you have multi-use potential. I am definitely thinking about getting one, but am a bit hesita...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
April 04, 4:30pm

Re: How small can I stuff my quilt? (Liters)
If you are asking if you will damage the down, the answer is pretty unequivocally: no! I have a 30 - 40 year old down bag that I squeeze down to the smallest possible size every time I pack it. Y...

In GEAR » How small can I stuff my quilt? (Liters)
April 03, 5:14pm

Re: Mating Quilts
I don't know the answer but I think it is an excellent question. Hopefully Tim Marshal will weigh in. Have you emailed him? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work (if you can ge...

In GEAR » Mating Quilts
April 02, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guys any progress?
If I understand is correctly it is the same reaction. The platinum acts as an intermediary step and remains unchanged at the completion of the reaction. Platinum will catalyze most any alcohol. ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
March 29, 4:43pm

knock-off backcountry boiler
My first thought was it is a backcountry boiler somewhere from there evolution, but it doesn't seem to match up: http://www.theboilerwerks.com/about/ My guess is it is a one-off knock-off...

In GEAR » UFK: unidentified fire kettle
March 27, 3:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.