BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 141 - 150 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: CDT alt
Ya definitely take the CDT route over hope pass. I made the miserable trek all the way around the lakes in the hot summer sun, it was not fun at all. Also on the socks issue... I blew through 2 p...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012 Gear List (Revised)
February 20, 2:12pm

ULA Ohm with bear canister pics
Ok so this might just be me being a little needy but can someone please post some pictures of an Ohm with a BV450 in it? ive been looking for pictures and i am unable to find one. I really want to...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm with bear canister pics
February 20, 1:58pm

Re: bugs / shelter on JMT: was Re: Shelter Options
Awesome thanks for your advice that really helps, I'll talk to my friend and see what she says

In Gear Lists » Shelter Options
February 12, 11:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shelter Options
I was actually thinking about the squall before any other shelter. I have hear about the bugs, but I have also been told that by mid summer they are gone, and hopefully there won't be as much s...

February 11, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shelter Options
Awesome Paul thank you SO much for your help!

February 11, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Shelter Options
Ya the duomid is pushing my price range, as well as the Trailstar, just not as far. I have been reading a ton of reviews on shipping waits for MLD. I've heard some taking 6 weeks (as expected...

February 11, 4:45pm

Re: Montbell, GoLite, Sierra Designs down jackets.....need help deciding
Well lets look at all 3. 1. The golite is a good jacket, descent amount of fill, but from my experience a bad fit. Also heavy jacket for the amount of fill. 2. Montbell. A little bulkier, mor...

In GEAR » Montbell, GoLite, Sierra Designs down jackets.....need help deciding
February 11, 4:38pm

Re: Shelter Options
I would like a tarp that pitches somewhat close to the ground like the SL-2, and no I do not care about an inner net. What do you think about the Trailstar? Is it good for 2 people +gear?

February 11, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Re: CT 2012
Ya i know how that it, and yes sadly those are the best 2 places to save weight. I think you will be ok with the setup you have in this case. There are ways to go lighter, but honestly if you'...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 11, 4:20pm

Shelter Options
I am looking for a 2 person shelter for the JMT this summer, and having some difficulty. The Golite shangri-la 2 was a great fit when it was on sale, but when i tried to buy one they were sold out...

February 11, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.