BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 141 - 150 of 227 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: CT 2012
When will you be hiking the trail? I took a WM summerlite with me (all of the down put on top) form july 12th to August 10th and was more than fine. Is there a chance that you can return your bag...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 11, 2:48pm

BV
Good to know. I just ordered the map set and i will be going over it to see if we can be strategic with our campsites to save weight. thanks for the info.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Carrying a BV 500
February 07, 4:40pm

Bear Canister
Well thats what I was afraid of. Thanks Anna!

February 07, 10:31am

Carrying a BV 500
I will be hiking the SHR this July and I was wondering if there is a way to avoid carrying a bear canister while on the trail to cut weight...? I do not have the map set yet so I cant really ident...

February 06, 10:13pm

Stays
Thats very true, I have thought about doing that with my ULA conduit as well, I would like to put some sleeves for carbon struts on the inside corners, kind of like the new Ohm 2.0.

In Gear Lists » Looking for a pack...
February 06, 11:02am

shes gonna jam
Well it looks like i finally convinced to her to adopt the "ultralight" principle of backpacking so she now is going to go without a frame and get the GoLite Jam. Thanks for all the help!!

February 05, 11:37pm

torso length
Ya I'm not quite sure what her torso length is, probably around 16''. Ill send her a link to that pack, thanks Anna!

February 05, 1:45pm

Quest
Paul thank you so much! This is heavy by my standards but this is a great pack for all around use. Ill send her the link, hopefully she likes it!

February 04, 10:10pm

Looking for a pack...
I will be hiking the JMT this summer with a good friend of mine Stacy. She currently has an Osprey Aura 65, but I'm trying to help her lighten her load for this trip. At 4lbs, the Aura 65 is ...

February 04, 5:25pm

Pack choice
Ya I would probably try and stick with the circuit. There is no point on trying to push the limits of the pack and being uncomfortable while on the trail. You could hike from Mexico to the whitne...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT list
February 02, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.