BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 141 - 150 of 565 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...57

Forum » Thread

I can't imagine why this would happen actually. Unless there is a coating on the pan that is burned off ... when water is in the pot you're going to max out at about 100C until the water bu...

In GEAR » Scorched Titanium?
December 09, 1:42pm

Re: Try swimming goggles or just move
It might be that I'm extra sensitive. I mean the idea to keep the smoke out of your face is the best one... but it's also somewhat obvious. I'm mean I'd have to be pretty fool...

In GEAR » Goggles with closed cell foam for dealing with wood fires and preventing eye irritation
December 09, 1:34pm

Goggles with closed cell foam for dealing with wood fires and preventing eye irritation
I have a wood stove and I'm constantly dealing with my eyes watering during a fire. It dawned on me that I wouldn't have any eye irritation if my sunglasses had a type of closed cell foa...

In GEAR » Goggles with closed cell foam for dealing with wood fires and preventing eye irritation
December 08, 5:01pm

coals...
using your pot to hold the coals sounds like a reasonable idea. Though if there's is resin it's going to be tough to get it out of the pot. You could also dig a hole. What I did is t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fire under a silnylon tarp (Video)
December 08, 3:59pm

Fire under a silnylon tarp (Video)
This is the second time I've had a fire under a silnylon tarp. Both times it worked very well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCi9HswbtMU BOTH times were during thunderstorms. I figur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fire under a silnylon tarp (Video)
December 08, 3:14pm

arc blast
I'm absolutely in love with my Zpacks arc blast: http://www.zpacks.com/backpacks/arc_blast.shtml It's VERY light and a VERY good balance between weight and versatility. I'd hig...

In GEAR » Most comfortable lightweight pack?
December 08, 2:59pm

Options for winter in the south west US (without snow)
I'm looking at extending m options for backpacking in the winter in the south west US. Ideally I'd like something with a lot of miles. Death Valley seems interesting... but I'd l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Options for winter in the south west US (without snow)
November 12, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Yosemite plans to remove most development from Mariposa Grove
ha... I don't recall using profanity and I don't recall it being really a rant ... but maybe I had too much caffeine :-P

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yosemite plans to remove most development from Mariposa Grove
November 12, 3:48pm

totally fake!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear interrupts Photo Shoot in BC!
October 29, 5:19pm

Access to Yosemite park due to gov closing...
I assume the valley and most of the park is closed but I assume the highway is still open. I was thinking about going backpacking ANYWAY and basically just hitchhiking in... Where would be a goo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Access to Yosemite park due to gov closing...
October 13, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.