Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brian Barnes (brianjbarnes) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "A natural sprinter, very dangerous over short distances."
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Barnes

Showing 141 - 150 of 404 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...41

Forum » Thread

RE: "Photo Essay: Packrafting the Madison River"
Well done! Enjoyed the read/pictures very much. Speaking of PFDs... can any of the participants ID the brand/model of the PFD they used? I'm in the market for one and having trouble finding...

In Editor's Roundtable » Photo Essay: Packrafting the Madison River
June 10, 6:22am

RE: "Longest Avatar!"
I keep thinking how painful it would be to sleep on ones toes...

In Chaff » Longest Avatar!
June 09, 3:54pm

PFDs for canoeing or packrafting
I'm taking a 5 day trip near the BWCA this summer and was curious as to what personal flotation devices you all were using. We'll be using canoes (but packrafting the area would be equally ...

In Packrafting » PFDs for canoeing or packrafting
June 08, 4:41pm

RE: "Summer sleeping... the options?"
I very much appreciate the feedback. It sounds like many go the quilt route or use a bag like a quilt. I've been using my Mont-Bell UL SS #3 (30F, long version, 27 ounce) bag like Roger describ...

In GEAR » Summer sleeping... the options?
June 01, 12:36pm

Summer sleeping... the options?
From May to September my local nightly averages are above 50 degrees (F). However my highest temperature rated sleeping bag is 30F and is overkill in such temps! So, I've been putting some thou...

In GEAR » Summer sleeping... the options?
May 30, 4:02pm

RE: "MLD DuoMid / SuperMid Insert"
I have the duomid and love it so with an upcoming trip to Voyageurs National Park the inner net was a must have... can't wait!

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid / SuperMid Insert
May 29, 5:56pm

RE: "11 ounce 1/2 zip fleece hoodie"
I kept looking for a cheaper alternative to the R1 hoodie but like the other options proposed above, none had all three of the options I wanted (the 1/2 zip, thumb loops, and off-center zipper). Fi...

In GEAR » 11 ounce 1/2 zip fleece hoodie
May 29, 5:49pm

11 ounce 1/2 zip fleece hoodie
This is interesting... a group of well known mountaineers (Peter Whittaker, Ed Viesturs, Dave Hahn, Melissa Arnot, Seth Waterfall, and Chad Peele) have teamed up with Eddie Bauer to form a high...

In GEAR » 11 ounce 1/2 zip fleece hoodie
May 29, 7:38am

Tenkara Rods - UL fishing...
There has been lots of recent discussion regarding lightweight fishing gear. Thought some may be interested in this setup: http://www.tenkarausa.com/index.php?cPath=22 Less than 3 ounces for ...

In Fishing » Tenkara Rods - UL fishing...
May 06, 9:29pm

RE: "DP2 almost here"
Wow! The color and bokeh are sweet! Love it... and can't wait until it hits the market.

In Photography » DP2 almost here
April 20, 2:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Barnes

Brian Barnes has posted no reviews.