BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 634 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Is There a Reason Not to Do This?"
FWIW: I've always been very impressed by how well my Hydrogen repels wetness and condensation; I've never rejuvenated it either. This was proved to me once again just about a month ago in ...

In GEAR » Is There a Reason Not to Do This?
October 06, 1:34pm

: "Sleeping Bags"
I have a Hydrogen and Helium. the Helium is rated to 15%; Hydrogen 30%. I think that the Hydrogen packs down well. I've used it in a compression sack but not anymore; I don't need to in my ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags
October 05, 4:13pm

"Why barefoot isn't best for most runners"
Katharina, given the kinds of work that you do during the day, you have no reason to feel obliged to go lift yet more weights on your time off. The chef doesn't want to cook dinner for a weddin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
October 04, 4:57pm

In the last few years research has begun to show that marathon runners in particular can develop heart issues. More than are typical; in other words, studies are indicating a correlation. Too much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
October 02, 4:57pm

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better ?
I've used the BA fly creek ul1 over the past five years. I seem to be in the minority of those who actually like it. The darn thing's bombproof for 3 season use. The fly stays off the netti...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better for my purposes?
October 02, 1:37pm

"Weight of recently purchased Gossamer Gear Thinlight
I use mine strictly as insurance against sleeping pad punctures. It adds a skootch of warmth, I guess. It certainly doesn't add any comfort. So I use a polycryo ground sheet, tent floor (or ...

In GEAR » Weight of recently purchased Gossamer Gear Thinlight 1/8" pad
October 02, 10:03am

"A weekend with Ediza"
Thank God we didn't make a grammatically incorrect landing of the moon. It would have spoiled everything.

In Post-Trip Reports » A weekend with Ediza
October 01, 7:04pm

I wish that I could run--feet issues make it impossible. Just go out the door and it's on. I do walk briskly up hills; I doubt that this can match the beauty of a runner's smooth glide over...

October 01, 10:24am

"marathoners are like sexual gods". In Runners World magazine. Puhleeze. That's not science, that's marketing. You've been had. Anyway, everyone knows that swimmers are the t...

September 30, 9:59am

"Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system"
I also wear the Sunday Afternoon hat in summer and shoulder seasons. But in snow, there's the problem of reflective sunlight. That's why I like--why I'm forced--to use a drape style ha...

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 29, 10:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm