Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 646 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...65

Forum » Thread

"Recent injury on the trail"
Hiatal hernias have been linked to atrial fibrillation. I'm not sure of the percentages. With afib, it doesn't necessarily matter that you're in good heart health otherwise (cf lone at...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recent injury on the trail
October 23, 7:17pm

"Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom"
Not on your list, but REI has a Brooks Range Mountain Anorak hoodie down jacket on sale on their outlet. 7.7 oz. of 800 down; great hood. I usually get a medium but the large fit me perfectly. A lo...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear jackets - Kelvinator vs. Phantom
October 22, 1:40pm

"Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 w/Footprint"
pm sent.

In Gear Swap » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 w/Footprint
October 20, 5:30pm

"snowshoe advice, please"
Have to agree about MSR evo denali. Great shoe; great traction. For once, a modular system is actually a plus; will not break. Maybe not the best flotation in deep snow, however.

In GEAR » snowshoe advice, please
October 16, 11:49am

"Down hooded jackets"
I just received the Alpini hooded anorak and am very pleased (20% off the SALE price!). I'm 5'9' and 140 lbs; the large fit me perfectly (not sloppy at all but some room for layers.) Th...

In GEAR » Down hooded jackets
October 16, 10:39am

"Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI"
I just received the hoodie. I usually take a medium but they only had size large in a hoodie; as it turns out, it fits perfectly. (I'm 5'9 140 lbs.) I'm really impressed with this jacke...

In Gear Deals » Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI
October 13, 1:29pm

Bad experience with Jetboil"
Dena, I'm sure that you know about this already, but the efficiency of my pocket rocket has almost doubled since I started using a titanium windscreen. Boils faster, uses way less fuel. Not bul...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 11, 4:49pm

Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
Yeah stake it out at all points, including the sides. This tent wants to breathe! This will help with condensation. Also: I unzip a portion of the TOP of the fly (warm air rises) and then of course...

In GEAR » Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
October 10, 9:45am

: "Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
"the space is luxurious". Yeah, I came to the Sl1 and then the fly creek from using a very much smaller "tent" for several years. To me, these tents were palatial. They still se...

October 09, 10:58pm

"Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
"rainfly wearing holes where it contacts the poles": not a problem with this tent. the rainfly will definitely not blow around.

October 08, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm