Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 977 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...98

Forum » Thread

"Gear and hot car"
Double indemnity: get maximum insurance on that Pinto. Park it at Tuolomne Meadows. Bear breaks in and eats your car seat. Collect insurance. ummm, $12.43 blue book value.

In GEAR » Gear and hot car
June 30, 1:33pm

"Ultralight Coffee Options"
Actually I've never brewed my own coffee from Starbucks beans, so maybe that's different. I've only had Starbucks coffee from their own outlets. Peet's tends to be more roasted stil...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 29, 8:47pm

"Ultralight Coffee Options"
"I think Starbucks purposefully burns their beans in a misguided effort to give it more character." The original owners of Starbucks learned their trade from Alfred Peet here in Berkel...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 29, 8:16pm

"Marriage Equality"
I think that Craig's friend's answer is plain and succinct. Keith, we have to accept the reality that we're sexual beings. Paul does: "better to marry than to burn". Sexual...

In Chaff » Marriage Equality
June 28, 10:42pm

"PNW rain footwear... recommendations, please..."
So I'm going to be considered old school and wrong...possibly true...but I do keep my feet dry wearing light gore-tex boots and MLD event (2 1/2 ounces a pair!) gaiters in wet conditions--inclu...

In GEAR » PNW rain footwear... recommendations, please...
June 28, 7:53pm

"Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!"
Trump IS getting blowback from the business community, some of whom are starting to boycott his companies because of his comments. There really are reasonable ways to approach immigration issues...

In Chaff » Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!
June 28, 1:22pm

"BG and the Demise of BPL"
Brewskis on a bear, that's me the night before a hike too.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BG and the Demise of BPL
June 27, 7:46pm

"Marriage Equality"
Nah, I just had kind of a 'whaaa?' response to that post. You can actually listen to the oral arguments before the supreme court on cspan, I think...they're probably on-line somewher...

In Chaff » Marriage Equality
June 27, 6:26pm

"Crammin' it in in the Sierra: Courtright to Goddard To Evolution and back in 48 hours"
+1 Valerie: yeah, a real pleasure to read this report! Agreed, Adam has a fine prose style and sensibility.

In Post-Trip Reports » Crammin' it in in the Sierra: Courtright to Goddard To Evolution and back in 48 hours
June 27, 4:43pm

"Obamacare. It's awesome."
I thought that it was the Beatles who let it be...The Supremes of course were behind the controversial "stop in the name of love" decision, a nail biter at 5-4, with Thomas of course writ...

In Chaff » Obamacare. It's awesome.
June 27, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm