BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 643 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...65

Forum » Thread

"snowshoe advice, please"
Have to agree about MSR evo denali. Great shoe; great traction. For once, a modular system is actually a plus; will not break. Maybe not the best flotation in deep snow, however.

In GEAR » snowshoe advice, please
October 16, 11:49am

"Down hooded jackets"
I just received the Alpini hooded anorak and am very pleased (20% off the SALE price!). I'm 5'9' and 140 lbs; the large fit me perfectly (not sloppy at all but some room for layers.) Th...

In GEAR » Down hooded jackets
October 16, 10:39am

"Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI"
I just received the hoodie. I usually take a medium but they only had size large in a hoodie; as it turns out, it fits perfectly. (I'm 5'9 140 lbs.) I'm really impressed with this jacke...

In Gear Deals » Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI
October 13, 1:29pm

Bad experience with Jetboil"
Dena, I'm sure that you know about this already, but the efficiency of my pocket rocket has almost doubled since I started using a titanium windscreen. Boils faster, uses way less fuel. Not bul...

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 11, 4:49pm

Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
Yeah stake it out at all points, including the sides. This tent wants to breathe! This will help with condensation. Also: I unzip a portion of the TOP of the fly (warm air rises) and then of course...

In GEAR » Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
October 10, 9:45am

: "Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
"the space is luxurious". Yeah, I came to the Sl1 and then the fly creek from using a very much smaller "tent" for several years. To me, these tents were palatial. They still se...

October 09, 10:58pm

"Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
"rainfly wearing holes where it contacts the poles": not a problem with this tent. the rainfly will definitely not blow around.

October 08, 6:25pm

"Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek
I've used a BA fly creek ul1 for years. I really like this tent; easy to set up and bombproof. If for some reason a stake were to come out in high winds--never happened to me--the tent will st...

October 08, 10:10am

"Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI"
They also have the non-hoody in more sizes and colors.

In Gear Deals » Brooks Range Alpini Anorak Hoody @ REI
October 07, 2:14pm

"Is There a Reason Not to Do This?"
FWIW: I've always been very impressed by how well my Hydrogen repels wetness and condensation; I've never rejuvenated it either. This was proved to me once again just about a month ago in ...

In GEAR » Is There a Reason Not to Do This?
October 06, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm