BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 581 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...59

Forum » Thread

"Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?"
You can strap a soft pack like the GG Mariposa to a Luxury Lite frame. Works great. The LL frame carries a bear canister just brilliantly.

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 06, 10:24am

"Sunscreen"
+1 to Sun Day Afternoons hat. Like a sun umbrella, only better.

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 6:38pm

"Sunscreen"
Neutrogena gets good reviews but it doesn't have zinc and/or titanium. From what I've read, zinc or titanium are excellent--the best--for sun protection. They're also awful in the sense...

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 1:31pm

"Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent"
Michael, I was the one who made the wise acre comment about Republican boomers, not Dan. And yeah I worked every semester of college and still had to take out loans. I ended up owing $3,000.00 a...

In Gear Swap » Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent
August 03, 4:37pm

Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent"
Dan: You're absolutely right to be pissed about the cost of your college tuition. I'm in Berkeley,I see it up close all the time. Ruinous situation for the future too, imo. There's a r...

In Gear Swap » Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent
August 02, 7:34pm

"Piece of gear to stay focused"
Who goes out into nature for all that awful scenery? Contemplation is for wusses. Cuben blinders to aid in one's death march are a brilliant idea. All hail, bragging rights!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Piece of gear to stay focused
August 01, 7:12pm

"What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)"
"Mostly a rain jacket is just a hindrance; it won't keep you dry anyway...I have a 5.5 oz North face jacket..." Is that the Triumph anorak? I own that jacket. It doesn't breath...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 01, 7:00pm

"Accuracy or otherwise of GPS"
Maps: I installed Garmin maps into my device which were made before the Tahoe rim trail was completed. So the TRT is not on my maps. More: the TRT joins together a lot of already existing trails, b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
July 30, 7:52pm

"Unit came unclipped." That's why I use the lanyard as back-up. Actually I've been pretty impressed with how robust that little clip is. I like this arrangement for ease of use,...

July 28, 9:29pm

Jerry, I have an older model Garmin 60csx. I carry it on a clip, that came with my model, on my pack shoulder strap. I love this clip because it's really easy to unclip the unit, use it, and c...

July 28, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm