Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 141 - 150 of 910 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...91

Forum » Thread

"Dean Potter dies in yosemite"
Here's what Alex Honnold, a climber and good friend of Potter, had to say: "It's one of those things that in some ways is not so surprising, but at the same time, you don't expect ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dean Potter dies in yosemite
May 18, 6:50pm

"The toughest ounces to lose: backpacking in minimalist footwear (video)"
I remember a post here some years ago by someone who had to recover from two different stress fractures (abut six months each time) from wearing minimalist shoes backpacking; he blamed himself for ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The toughest ounces to lose: backpacking in minimalist footwear (video)
May 17, 1:44pm

"Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?"
I play classical guitar (poorly) and so keep the nails on my right hand fairly long. gotta get me one of those nail brushes. Currently I dig into a bar of soap with my nails and then rinse when han...

In GEAR » Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
May 17, 1:30pm

"Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?"
In the Sierra the bears don't necessarily run away. They will boldly come into your camp looking for food, especially after dark. they are highly skilled at getting your food. But in my experie...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 14, 2:53pm

"Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route"
The country around Iceberg lake--including Cecile--is really spectacular. You're just under the Minaret spires and Banner peak (or is it Ritter?). You can climb around on the granite around Ice...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route
May 14, 12:01am

"Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?"
>"I believe predatory black bears are somewhat more common in Canada" Now that we have Obamacare in the U. S. I expect that the number of predatory bear attacks will only go up. ...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 13, 7:31pm

Descending from Cecile to Minaret Lake requires finding a single 'slot' that is about class 3; not bad. But if you can't find that slot the climbing would be very difficult I think. If ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route
May 12, 7:02pm

Yes that north facing snowfield is pretty dangerous imo without an ice axe--if it exists this year! It's usually there, for sure, at this time of year. there's a use trail from Minaret to C...

May 12, 4:03pm

On a related note: I've found those lightweight plastic clams filled with leaves of soap to be pretty great. You have to get the leaves out with dry hands, however. I also wash my hands with...

May 10, 7:25pm

+1 Diane. I once was hiking with a friend who hadn't brought hand soap or Purel. I mentioned this after he'd done his business and he just shrugged. I did not share my gorp after that. I...

May 10, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm