BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 141 - 150 of 322 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
Palisades Basin, Lower Barrett Lakes. Lunch spot on the other side.

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
July 02, 2:11pm

Re: the DIY Gear Scramble-a-Thon!
Hey Aaron. Wow! Your gear looks beautiful, thanks for posting the pxts of your cuben pack. I especially like your padded hipbelt. With the internal frame I'm sure you will be able to comfortabl...

In Make Your Own Gear » the DIY Gear Scramble-a-Thon!
June 25, 3:33pm

JMT Side Trips. . .
The slower pace makes for some fun side trips. Ionian Basin via Wanda Pass. Black Giant. Mt. Goddard. Darwin Bench. I would like to just wander around and explore the area around Helen Lake for a w...

In GEAR » Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
June 20, 2:02pm

Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
Bill, I realize this is a little off topic (not about the resale value of the Expedition), but I used the Weekender last summer after resupplying at MTR and there was enough room for all the food I...

In GEAR » Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
June 20, 12:53pm

Manufacture Weight Deviations
Thanks for starting this post Manfred. I just noticed it last night so I'm a little late joining in. I also ordered a Cuben Haven with the Net Tent. It was mailed out on schedule (June 12th). ...

In GEAR » Cuben Haven arrived
June 20, 12:36pm

Re JMT 2011
My error. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT 2011
May 30, 10:51pm

JMT 2011
I hiked the JMT last summer. I wouldn't have even considered it without the information and inspiration here at BPL. JMT 2011 Trip Report

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT 2011
May 29, 6:17pm

Re: Piru-Maniacs
Thanks for posting your triple reports Nick. The pxts from your new camera are beautiful. I really appreciated the details of the Fish Bowls (can't wait to get out there). Bixby is definitely t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Piru-Maniacs: Three Back to Back (to Back) Trips Through the Piru Creek Watershed; Ventura County Backcountry
May 28, 3:23pm

Wearable quilts
Hey Aaron. I used a wearable quilt last season and it worked well as an insulation layer around camp. It definitely looks a little unfashionable around the campfire, but who cares it's got 10 o...

In Multiple Use Gear » Quilt as insulation layer
May 10, 1:33am

First-timer... JMT 2012
Hi Megan, welcome to BPL. 15 lb base weight is great for a 'first timer'! I like the JMT in the Aug/Sept late season (very few other hikers, no mosquitos). If you haven't already pu...

In Gear Lists » First-timer... JMT 2012
May 09, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am