Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 141 - 150 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Material Sourcing - Plastic Snaps
One of the members here offered a press and a bunch of snaps for sale about a week ago. Don't look for it, I bought it. This is the one I got: Snap Press: http://myebestbuy.com/hsf...

In Make Your Own Gear » Material Sourcing - Plastic Snaps
January 21, 2:31pm

10-20 Degree Cuben/XP Sleeping Bag - 15.6 ounces - Done & Tested
Blue Cuben Sleeping Bag sitting on my scale. Weight 15.56 ounces ready to use. Picture taken this morning at 1000 am. Weather - sunny and clear, 60 degrees (F) and climbing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
January 21, 9:01am

10-20 Degree Cuben/XP Sleeping Bag - 15.6 ounces - Done & Tested
A comment was made on one of the threads here about using Cuben Fiber for the shell material when making insulated garments. What ever type of insulation you choose you might want to add into ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
January 20, 2:41pm

Balloon Pump on a Diet
Hi, When I tested the modified Balloon Pump it took about 3 times longer to blow up the same size Balloon as it did with the "stock" Pump. You have to realize that blowing up a Balloo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Balloon Pump on a Diet
January 18, 6:51pm

Balloon Pump on a Diet
Hi Greg, I took apart a standard length Balloon Pump (Yellow One). Then cut the main body part in half. I changed the Pump rod to a lighter and shorter piece of Arrow Shaft. Put it b...

January 18, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
Hi Greg, When I decided to get serious about bring the weight of my gear down into the "SUL" weight range, I looked at each item that I thought needed. I set a goal to reduce the we...

In Make Your Own Gear » Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
January 18, 11:59am

Balloon Pump on a Diet
Balloon Pump on a Diet About 4 years ago when I first starting playing with the idea of making my own Down Air Mattress or Balloon Bed I looked for a light weight way to inflate Poly Tubes or Ba...

January 18, 11:43am

Re: Re: Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
To use the balloon pump on my Stephenson's DAM I just poke it into the valve and pump away. I was able to reduce the weight of the Yellow Pump from 2.78 ounces to 1.72 ounces.

January 17, 11:58pm

Re: Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
I have a Stephenson's DAM and have been blowing it up with a small balloon pump.

January 17, 9:11pm

Re: Cuben Tent Question? Bombshelter Tent update
This is the reply I got from my email to Don Wittenberger. I sent a follow-up email and asked if I could share his answer. Here is his email: ========== Dear Bill, When Larry Horton, ...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 16, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am