Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 141 - 150 of 193 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Backpack Capacity
Hi, I'm 99% ready to place my new gear order but since I don't have most of my gear to take to a local store to try out I have no clue as to the volume I will need. I've finally de...

In GEAR » Backpack Capacity
March 25, 7:55am

Re: hyper flow
I thought they fixed that problem with the hyper flow and posted out new filters to people that let them know they had the old ones?

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 11:21pm

crazy
that looks crazy for an alco stove! Very interested to some test stats when you get around to it!

In GEAR » This Baby Burns!
March 24, 10:41pm

sweetwater
I could always go for the sweetwater purifier system but its getting a bit heavy at 14oz. Chlorine in the platy bags sounds pretty good.

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 7:39pm

miox sux
ha, thanks for that. I will probably carry the extra weight and have the convenience of the platy system then.

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 7:05pm

other questions
The Katadyn weighs about the same as they Platy so I'd probably go with the Platy since its gravity fed. Any help with my other questions? Pack Capacity? Soft Platy bottles in pack side ...

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 6:41pm

titanium
Titanium should not rust. It should just be rust from the canister and scouring will clean it up. Wait for a second opinion though :)

In GEAR » Rusty pot
March 24, 7:37am

Thanks again
Thanks again all, I feel like I'm becoming annoying asking all these questions but I just want to get everything right before I fork out so much moolah! Take care Benen

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 24, 7:27am

weight
I also noticed that its an extra hundred grams on the hyperflow and 3 times the weight of the MIOX. But I guess you could leave the Clean Water bag at home and connect it directly to a hoser and sa...

In GEAR » Nearly There!
March 24, 7:15am

fak
haha, my first aid kit was over 17oz. I didn't even think twice about it until i got onto this forum. The only time i opened it was to see what was inside the day I bought it.

In Gear Lists » Thank you, insane unltralight people.
March 24, 7:10am

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm