BPL Community Profile

Benen Huntley (benen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me I'm new to backpacking but love camping, rock climbing and the outdoors.
CityHighbury
StateSouth Australia
My PDF Gear ListBasic Gear List (summer and winter)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Benen Huntley

Showing 141 - 150 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

nick
It's not a complete list yet. A massive work in progress. The list is all in grams. We don't use imperial in Australia but on the right i have totals in kg, oz and # - The rain cover...

In Gear Lists » New to backpacking
March 22, 8:19am

vitamin container
I use and empty plastic vitamin container for sugar. It has a wide mouth and would be suitable for oil also. Thanks mum. haha

In GEAR » jars for oils
March 21, 11:09pm

gearlist
Please have a look at my proposed gear list under my profile :)

March 21, 10:15pm

nick
Hi Nick! I'm from SA too, near modbury. I think i'm going to go for the carbon reflex. I know it's expensive but i guess im just comfortable using a brand i know and trust. As for ...

March 21, 10:13pm

overfill
Hey thanks guys. I'm only 147 pounds and my wife is 114 so the bags should be quite spacious haha. Thanks again :)

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Ultralite
March 21, 5:27pm

overfill
Is it permanently part of the bag? sorry. Im very new to this :) i probably sound stupid haha.

March 21, 5:57am

size
After sleeping on a thin self inflating mattress over the weekend, probably comparable to the prolite. I decided to get something more comfortable and am going for the neo air rather than the proli...

In GEAR » Any consensus yet on NeoAir vs. ProLite Plus?
March 21, 5:52am

overfill
but what is it exactly? it's 2oz.

March 21, 5:37am

Kovea
I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is just a bad suggestion but I've used a Kovea Titanium quite a lot which weighs only 3oz and burns a lot hotter than the other canister stove's I...

In GEAR » Best Canister Stove Choices?
March 21, 1:47am

Western Mountaineering Ultralite
Hi, I'm about to purchase a couple of western mountaineering ultralite sleeping bags from hermitshut and there is an option for a free overfill or no overfill. On the WM site they are $18 each...

March 21, 1:36am

All Reader Reviews by Benen Huntley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I just purchased two WM Ultralite bags from HH and they arrived today. I got an email to say when they were shipped and the shipped free from America to Australia. Couldn't be happier.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 31, 6:36am

Western Mountaineering The Company
As was previously said. I also live in Australia and they will not allow american retailers to sell to us. Ridiculous. I was surprised that I managed to purchase 2 sleeping bags from hermitshut which ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 23, 7:37pm