BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 141 - 150 of 9566 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...957

Forum » Thread

Re: Tablets: Nexus 7 or Galaxy2 7.0 ?
Dave: Depends on where and maybe how long your travels are. If, like me, you travel to all sorts of places, including the 'fourth world' -- then the Nexus 7 is suboptimal. Its lack ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tablets: Nexus 7 or Galaxy2 7.0 ?
March 31, 11:11am

Re: Day Pack for Fast Day Hiking/Running
Edited out. Missed the part about running.

In GEAR » Day Pack for Fast Day Hiking/Running
March 30, 2:53pm

Re: WTB: Patagonia Houdini
You laugh... I STILL have your street address, buddy!! Actually, I sold you the black one because I got a blue replacement. I like the Houdini so much that I am always on the lookout to buy ano...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Patagonia Houdini
March 29, 9:57pm

Re: WTB: Patagonia Houdini
Good luck, Sean! I've been watching like a hawk -- and just a week or so ago -- there was one -- blue, L -- and for just $40 -- and someone snatched it within minutes!! :(

In Gear Swap » WTB: Patagonia Houdini
March 29, 9:44pm

Re: Oh yeah!!!
Good for your, Jennifer!! Now, I imagine there will be a lot of gear you'll need to buy. Have you started looking? :) Ben. The Gear Enabler.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 29, 8:33pm

@ Jennifer
So, Jennifer, you're DOING IT, right? C'mon -- let's hear it! The first step of long journey is a simple 'yes'. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone ever regret a thru hike??
March 29, 5:15pm

Re: Who else is feelin' the springtime?
Spring? That's so yesterday! Been wearing tees and shorts and sandals the last few weeks. :)

In Chaff » Who else is feelin' the springtime?
March 29, 9:57am

Re: Re: LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
Marc: Thanks for your feedback. What kind of chemicals do you use? Bleach? Chlorine dioxide? I have a feel that the LifeStraw does not improve water taste and does not remove any chlorine ta...

In GEAR » LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
March 29, 9:55am

Re: It has to do with EPA requirements.
Hi Rick -- so it's basically claiming just enough to pass the legal bar. Never thought of it that way, but makes sense. Do you have a ready link by any chance?

In GEAR » A Question Re. Filter Effectiveness
March 28, 5:56pm

LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
Who here has used LifeStraw?  Likes?  Dislikes?  Can it be used as an inline filter with Platypus hydration tube -- or a gravity filter?

In GEAR » LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
March 28, 4:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am