Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 141 - 150 of 9984 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...999

Forum » Thread

Re: Solar Charger?
I like to add a question to this thread, if I may... For those who own solar chargers: Say you have a small point and shoot camera and a smart phone. You also have a "backpacking size&quo...

In GEAR » Solar Charger?
February 01, 10:10pm

Practicality Trumps Personality
Maybe switch to a stricter "need to know" mode when informing worry-prone family and friends? Two years ago, I spent three weeks backpacking Iran on my own. Knowing the worry worts th...

In Chaff » Personality type
February 01, 10:03pm

Re: Prettiest Praying Mantis
The Green Menace!! Curious, Roger, where did you take those pics?

In Chaff » Prettiest Praying Mantis
February 01, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Re: economics
"I think health care in U.S. is as good or better than elsewhere" Among "first world" countries -- my hunch is that health care is going to be excellent for the rich, for tho...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
February 01, 7:38pm

Re: Personality type
I seldom really worry about things. But when I see friends in trouble -- sick or worrying about this or that -- I try to look sympathetic -- like I too am worrying with them. Might some of your &...

In Chaff » Personality type
February 01, 7:31pm

Re: doxy upside
Doxy is what I ended up getting. I'm a bit concerned about the sun sensitivity... I will be going to desert areas -- Sudan, and Saudi Arabia as well.

In GEAR » Malaria Pills
February 01, 6:46pm

Re: Expected warmth from combining down vest and down jacket
Depending on size... but if you can, I think you should layer your jacket over your vest for more combo efficiency that focuses on the core.

In GEAR » Expected warmth from combining down vest and down jacket
February 01, 12:06pm

Re: Looking for Poly Travel Pants - in Navy Blue
Thanks, John. Time for a REI visit... Just came back from REI... still looking for pants -- preferably with two leg pockets -- not just one. Any other recommendations?

In GEAR » Looking for Poly Travel Pants - in Navy Blue
February 01, 11:01am

WTB - Steripen Freedom
Withdrawn.

In Gear Swap » WTB - Steripen Freedom
February 01, 10:58am

Battery Charger
When traveling, I use two CR123's for my Steripen and 1 AAA battery for my flashlight. The CR123's are lithium ion. The AAA is NiMH (my understanding is that there are no compatible lithi...

In GEAR » Battery Charger
January 31, 11:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am