BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 141 - 150 of 3900 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...390

Forum » Thread

delaminate
ANY wpb jacket can delaminate ... 3 layer ones tend to be more durable, but a simple google search will show goretex and event DO fail ... hell one that was sent to BPL to test failed you should...

In GEAR » Need a waterproof jacket and pants.
February 09, 10:14pm

Softshell
Honestly folks If you want guaranteed brethability ... Get a thin non membranee softshell Sure you pay the weight penalty ... But they last a long time and are always on sale Or get a wind...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 07, 10:17pm

Canada
Ahhh but all westcomb is made in vancouver canada by immigrated AZNs Rather than sweatshops overseas And their quality is superb Besides just hit the outlet sale ... ;)

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 07, 7:49pm

Re: If durability is your top criteria.
Most people who return items simply take em back, i know enough people whose jackets delaminated who DONT post about it on the intrawebs As i said BPL abounds with stories of delamination issues...

In GEAR » Rain Jacket suggestions - Plasmic?
February 06, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Rain Jacket suggestions - Plasmic?
while 3 layer jackets should be more durable enough example about of folks with both goretex and event delamination and failure ... as a simple search will show http://www.google.ca/#q=gore+tex+...

February 06, 2:15pm

Re: Much ado...
quite a few BPLers have had issues with rain jackets delaminating ... its not not all that uncommon in talking with the nice MEC folks at the warranty desk, its one of the most common gear issue...

February 06, 11:16am

OR
OR has a stellar return policy as does EB and MEC Delamination after a few years of occasional use is not unknown with ANY brand The above companies have an explicitely stated no questions as...

February 05, 11:47pm

Re: Patagonia Expedition 4 knock-off
T2 is still on clearance at MEC ;)

In GEAR » Patagonia Expedition 4 knock-off
February 05, 12:05pm

Re: tennis balls
I use tennis balls on larger down pieces but not the smaller UL down ones ... The fabric on mine as you can see above is held together by seam grip, repeated bashing from balls might nit be the bes...

In GEAR » Washing a Sleeping Bag
February 04, 9:56pm

Re: lifespan
That's an interesting observation. Is the implication that lower FP down lasts longer...? Is it possible the higher FP down has a shorter lifespan? I have no idea. we know that lower FP down...

In GEAR » Washing a Sleeping Bag
February 04, 9:19pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm