Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 141 - 150 of 720 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...72

Forum » Thread

Choices.
There are so many options to choose from. Even the scout should come in lighter than a silnylon Duomid with a separate inner net. So you really can't beat the price/weight if the fully enclosed...

In GEAR » Users of the SMD Skyscape Scout
January 23, 10:17pm

Toaks Ti
I have the lite trail version of the 550 and it will hold a cannister stove. Not sure is a can fits in there too but I suspect it does. Lite trail has them made with thinner Ti and they are lighter...

In GEAR » toaks pots
January 23, 10:11pm

RE: Roof Option / Etc.
I didn't get the roof option. I don't think i'd ever spend enough time to need it. If I was in a wetter area maybe, but I'm not sure it does winds well. I just could not get a sol...

January 23, 9:02pm

EE all the way
Great entry cost and up to snuff for any level of experience or weight requirements. I got an overstuffed 40* a couple of years ago and its warm down to freezing with my sleep clothes. Oh, and Ti...

In GEAR » Looking To Get a Quality Down Quilt at a Good Value
January 23, 11:17am

Just to Add to the Confusion
I have a Western Mountaineering (Flash?) I think. One thing I like better about Black Rock Gear and Luke's vests is the collar (the WM is only shoulders and body insulation like the Borah). T...

In GEAR » Best Down Vest between Borah Gear Ultralight Down Vest, Luke;s Ultralight Down Vest, BRG Down Vest
January 23, 11:10am

Skyscape Tents
Very vented. Easy to control too but how long your guylines are, though one thing I really like is that the tent has short, built-in guys that tension well. But I'd say even in a downpoor, yo...

January 22, 5:18pm

Re: Fire and Rain
I'm thinking if everyone vows not to bring a rain shell, and if in fact nobody brings a rain shell to the GGG, our collective odds of getting some rain in this state might actually improve. Th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 21, 10:39pm

Nasa's Take on Dry California
Snow pack 2013 compared to snowpack 2014. Pretty unbelievable - unless you've been living here.

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 21, 9:52pm

Re: Re: What's your big four weigh/cost?
Well, You're obviously off to a great start if your camera gear or two-pound bear canister weighs more than your shelter, bag, pad or pack. I like to take a fly rod with me hiking, though I do...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 21, 1:20am

Luke's Ultralight
Should have mentioned. My search also lead me to Luke's Ultralight, where I found that I could get waterproof, waterproof breathable, or goretex options made to order. Relevant to your ventin...

In GEAR » Rain Jacket
January 21, 12:54am

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.