BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 141 - 150 of 684 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...69

Forum » Thread

Gear, yes; but not for BP pursuits
My wife got me a new snowboard (and I quickly updated my bindings and helmet to go with. Got only two days in, and am back in Cali praying for rain, I mean snow. I also scored from the kindness o...

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
January 07, 3:23pm

Repair Kit
I have a needle stuck in a tiny piece of cork with a nice length of dental floss spooled around it, a mini tube of superglue, a few squares of silnylon tape, and a couple of feet of duct tape. If...

In GEAR » Your Repair Kit Contents
January 07, 2:32pm

Great list
I think the mug might be needed with your 1L pot, but you could definitely get by for a couple of weeks with a freebie styro mug from Duncan Donuts or McDonald's. It would likely store safely ...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List, and I have an REI gift card to fix it with. Help please!
January 07, 2:28pm

Found one. Thanks!
So many thanks to Kevin who pointed me to Illumination Supply who - after using a coupon code - had the H52 for $54.40. Not a bad deal at all. $10 was all I needed to push me over the top. Now t...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Zebralight Headlamp
January 07, 2:25pm

WTB: Zebralight Headlamp
What'cha got?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Zebralight Headlamp
January 07, 11:58am

Winter Pants
I really like fleece-lined soft shell pants. I recently got a pair of "Yumalino" pants on clearance at Mountain Hardwear. I think they were $55 shipped. They are not "too" he...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking pants?
January 06, 8:59pm

Thanks Very Much
For all the replies and insight. Christopher, Jon and Dan your suggestions and experience were very helpful. It seems there are some better options out there, and I think I will be purchasing a M...

In GEAR » 2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
January 06, 1:29pm

MSR is the deal, and around $6 at REI
I bought the MSR blacklite fry pan (I think it's 8" and about 6 oz. at REI on closeout last year for $6. Great buy and immediately caught and cooked sierra trout in it. Can't recomm...

In GEAR » Fry Pan?
January 06, 1:08pm

PM sent
I'll take it. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell Mens Medium
January 05, 12:08pm

2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
Disclaimer: Yeah yeah forum police, use the search function, yada, yada, yada ... well don't reply if you are sure it's already been said on here and I should look elsewhere. Anyway, ...

In GEAR » 2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
January 04, 6:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.