Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crowell (bcrowell) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Ben Crowell has not added a biography yet.
CityFullerton
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crowell

Showing 141 - 150 of 329 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...33

Forum » Thread

soles
Thanks, Paul! "I believe unaweep is the more aggressive sole option. The pro is smoother, better for water sports." I'm not quite clear on what you mean by "aggressive" ...

In GEAR » Chaco sandals?
July 27, 8:46pm

thanks!
Thanks, David. That was a very detailed and helpful post! What do you use your Chacos for? Walking around town? Water sports? The issue of getting pebbles, etc., between feet and sandals hadn...

In GEAR » Chaco sandals?
July 27, 8:44pm

spray didn't work well for me
I just finished an 11-day hike with a fair number of mosquitoes, used the spray, and it didn't seem to do much for me. I wore long pants and long sleeves that I'd sprayed with permethrin, b...

In GEAR » Permethrin. What it will and won't do?
July 27, 8:20pm

Chaco sandals?
On my most recent hike, I did some fairly high mileage days, and had some problems with my feet for the first few days, until I got in the groove. I was wearing well broken in running shoes in a la...

In GEAR » Chaco sandals?
July 27, 8:10pm

Re: Re: JMT, July 14-25
Aaron wrote: "So were your feet wet most of the day from creek crossings?" There were some days when my feet were just wet all day, and it became pointless to worry about keeping them dr...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT, July 14-25
July 27, 7:13pm

Goodale Pass
Another thought: I actually remember Goodale Pass as being prettier than Silver Pass. You could visit both. Do you have anything you want to accomplish other than seeing some pretty alpine scene...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Silver Pass (Sierras) recommendations
July 27, 7:06pm

Re: Silver Pass (Sierras) recommendations
If you exit at Edison Lake, you can eat and/or stay overnight at Vermillion Valley Resort. I was just there, and it was very pleasant, with an extremely laid back atmosphere and lots of very nice, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Silver Pass (Sierras) recommendations
July 27, 3:10pm

tarp
This is the Sierra in summer, which would seem to me like the optimal situation for the tarp. If you're going to use the tent instead of the tarp for this type of trip, then I'd suggest sel...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 27, 11:49am

JMT, July 14-25
I did the JMT, north to south, July 14-25. This is something I've wanted to do all my life, but only got around to doing at age 44. As a healthy antidote to any overblown feeling of accomplishm...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT, July 14-25
July 26, 10:23pm

Re: JMT 2011!!
+1 Ken's suggestion of flying to Merced and then taking YARTS. (SFO is heinous. Never use it if you can avoid it.) If you like, you can get off YARTS in Mariposa, have dinner, and spend the nig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT 2011!!
July 12, 7:13am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crowell

Ben Crowell has posted no reviews.