Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 141 - 150 of 295 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: soft shell pants
I've been very happy with the MontBell soft shell pants I have.

In GEAR » soft shell pants
November 11, 6:53am

Re: Too much down?
Synthetics are most useful in cooler (not cold) weather when you expect rain. It's generally bulletproof, although you obviously don't *want* to get it wet if you can avoid it. As the i...

In GEAR » Too much down?
November 11, 6:50am

Re: Use of VBL
I generally use VBL on my torso, head, hands, and feet while I sleep, and my hands (and maybe feet) during the day. Very useful for extra warmth and keeping moisture out of the insulation. I'...

In GEAR » Use of VBL
November 11, 6:45am

Re: Recommend me a Winter glove system
I've settled on the lighter pair of RBH Designs' mitts, plus light and medium weight liner gloves. I use the RBH mitts alone when it's below freezing, adding a liner as it gets progres...

In GEAR » Recommend me a Winter glove system
November 05, 6:49am

Re: camera - quality vs convenience
"But for me, it still needs to be compact with 5x + optical zoom, and good battery life. Waterproof and shockproof would be nice, hd video is optional as well, but from what I am seeing, it co...

In GEAR » What's your favorite backcountry camera?
October 20, 7:20am

Re: Winter Down Parka recommendations
Years ago I was out one winter at -13F, standing around chatting with people camping nearby while being perfectly warm and comfy. I used a large Marmot baffled down parka, plus the appropriate dow...

In GEAR » Winter Down Parka recommendations
October 19, 8:35pm

Re: What's your favorite backcountry camera?
My priorities are for image quality over ruggedness and weatherproofing - that can be solved with the right case. For maximum portability and minimum weight, I use a Canon G10. The current equi...

In GEAR » What's your favorite backcountry camera?
October 19, 8:16pm

Re: hammock?
"hammock?" Beat me to it. As long as you have either a good enough pad or an external underquilt, you'll be fine. The snow should roll off the hammock tarp, assuming you pitch ...

In GEAR » What would be your ideal shelter for weathering one foot of east coast (sub-alpine) snow?
October 08, 3:50pm

Re: hammock plus
"@Don & John: Gonna have to give it a try but as John says the tossing and turning might be problematic. Getting in and out I still have a few concerns What do y'all do when there are ...

In GEAR » best sleeping systems(tent) humid east
October 07, 6:57am

Re: So many choices
"@ Vick: The Hammock! I love the weight of the entire system. Around here for 3 seasons cold temps are not a factor so no problem there. It just doesn't seem like it would be comfortable. ...

In GEAR » best sleeping systems(tent) humid east
October 05, 3:24am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm