BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 141 - 150 of 239 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Mt. Whittney options
It's about 14 miles from Big Horn Plateau to the summit of Mt. Whitney. In terms of the timing it's more a matter of how your getting to the Big Horn Plateau since the Big Horn Plateau I aw...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mt. Whittney options
May 24, 3:58pm

Into the sierras already, or too early?
Here is a recent report for the Donohue Pass area. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnmuirtrail/message/22870

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the sierras already, or too early?
May 23, 12:07pm

Freezer Bags
My experience has been different than Mary's. Yes, the bag could leak with a pin hole in it but why turn it upside down? With the pin hole at the top of the bag (and as long as it's not fi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer bags at altitude?
May 21, 9:09pm

Freezer bags at altitude
I have always put a pin hole at the top of the plastic bags I use to repackage in. It makes loading a bear canister much easier because you're not having to deal with trapped air. You'll ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer bags at altitude?
May 21, 10:23am

REI Sahara Convertible Pants
Ok-I'll await with patience in the #2 spot.

In Gear Swap » FS: Zebralight H31 Headlamp, REI Sahara Convertible Pants
May 14, 11:50pm

REI Sahara Pants
I'll take the pants. Payment method?

In Gear Swap » FS: Zebralight H31 Headlamp, REI Sahara Convertible Pants
May 14, 10:39pm

Coupon
Problem resolved-coupon works. Thanks for your quick response Jhuara.

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail 1 mm SUL Guyline and Color Coded 10 mL Aquamira Bottles
May 13, 5:03pm

Coupon
This message comes up when applying the coupon. Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail 1 mm SUL Guyline and Color Coded 10 mL Aquamira Bottles
May 13, 3:24pm

Re: Bearikade
Now that's one impressive bit of destruction. Maybe that's why I prefer to hang with black bear wimps in the Sierras.

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
May 11, 9:05pm

Thermawrap Parka
Sold to Peter pending funds.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap Parka, Montane Featherlight wind smock
May 05, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.