Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 141 - 150 of 253 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Ultralight Packs Capable of Carrying A Berikade Expdition
I think you'll find most packs will hold a bear canister vertically. Heck, I can fit my bearikade weekender in my GG Murmur pack and I know an expedition will fit in their also because the dia...

In GEAR » Ultralight Packs Capable of Carrying A Berikade Expdition?
September 24, 11:44pm

JMT
I'm coming in on this late but just wanted to say hello Manfred. I met you and the family at MTR when Barbara K. and I pulled in for our resupply. Your daughters are little sweethearts. Just ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
September 11, 11:16pm

Black Diamond Z
I've been using the Black Diamond Distance Z poles for a year now and have had no problems. I bought them for air plane travel originally. The have a new model called the Distance FL Trekking P...

In GEAR » Need help with Trekking Poles
September 08, 3:05pm

JMT Qs on clothing
Anything can happen at anytime in the Sierras but all I carry is the DriDucks Emergency Poncho. Most downpours in my experience are short lived and anything beyond will have me setting up my shelte...

In Gear Lists » Couple JMT Qs on clothing Sept. trip
August 04, 10:50pm

CCF Pad
I'll be needing one by the end of summer.

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
July 31, 11:26pm

Sprint Aquatic Shoes
Seems every one is out of stock on the sprint aquatics. I've used them on a couple of long trips both for stream crossings and camp shoes. They were adequate for both in the conditions encoun...

In GEAR » Sprint Aquatic Shoes
July 06, 9:17pm

"Do you always take a rain jacket?"
I'm in So. Cal. also. I always carry a minimal poncho in the Sierras. In our local mountains I'll look at the weather forecast and plan accordingly. I don't always pack rain gear in oth...

In GEAR » Do you always take a rain jacket?
June 22, 11:30am

"smallest pot you would consider for one person?"
I did some agonizing over this awhile back. I only heat water-no cooking in pot. I realized I only needed a max of 2 cups and rarely that-usually 1-1.5 cups. I ended up a 475ml Trapper's Mug t...

In GEAR » smallest pot you would consider for one person?
June 20, 12:39pm

Sleep systems with clothes
As you say-lots of variables. I live in Calif. so our local weather is close to yours. I use a GoLite 20 degree quilt on a short NeoAir pad with a GG 1/8" foam pad as a base. If I expect cold...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleep systems with clothes
June 05, 10:24am

Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
There's always the option of spending some $'s to purchase the Caldera Sidswinder system so everything will fit in your pot. Sell your other system here and the cost of the Sidewinder will ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
June 04, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.