BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 141 - 150 of 1526 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...153

Forum » Thread

Re: helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
Yeah, but I want to to know what Suzy said at the very end. You can't leave that part out.

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 15, 8:34pm

@ Charley
"It's like superlue. Medical grade is way more expensive than Ace hardware. I judge them the same for my sentitivity, use & exposure." Be careful here, Charley. Superglue is ma...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carbon Fiber Pot Lid; Food safe question
January 14, 4:18pm

SL-3 trekking pole connector
"Some assistance in learning how to do lashing like that would be great." Heath, why don't you just experiment with these techniques, and give things a try? Study my photo awhile, ...

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
January 13, 11:28pm

Re: More trekking pole connectors
Heath, here's a technique I learned here on BPL a few years ago. I simply lash the pole tips together with two 8-10" lengths of Triptease, then secure things with 4 Velcro strips. It's...

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
January 13, 5:54pm

re: measuring water
I use either a Snow Peak 600 pot or an MSR Titan Kettle, and I have scored lines in them with a Dremel disk to denote 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 cups. This makes it pretty easy to pour the right amount into...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 5:04pm

Re: Price
The individual samplers are cheaper. I think a 4-pack was selling for either $4.95 or even $5.95--Ouch. Best to stock up on the $1 samples while they are are still available. On a Starbuck'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Starbucks Via Latte
January 12, 11:39am

Re: Do you get used to animal noises?
Here in Colorado, I never really worry about critters. I've not seen a bear or lion, ever, although they say they're out there. Once I had a herd of maybe 10-12 elk come by my tent in the m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do you get used to animal noises? What about scaredy cats?
January 12, 8:06am

Re: Yellowstone and Glacier NP camp layering tips
Heath, what are the exact dates that you'll be in the 2 Parks? Also, where will you be hiking while in YNP, and also in GNP? You see, the central plateau of YNP is 2000' higher than the nor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yellowstone and Glacier NP camp layering tips
January 10, 8:22am

Re: SUL Clothing System
This I've got to see...just 24 oz. for a skin out setup in 40*F weather?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Clothing System
January 09, 1:55pm

Fiddling with your water
"With gravity mode, all sediments go directly into filter." Not in my setup, Jerry. The outlet of the 4-L Platy dirty is located slightly above the bottom corner, and the sediment sett...

In GEAR » Sawyer mini filter as a camp gravity system?
January 09, 8:27am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm